Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2020 6:38:19 PM EDT
I have an early FN Model 1906 Vest Pocket Pistol.  This is a WWII dring back from my father-in-law.  SN. 50,420.

The overall condition is very good with the exception of the barrel (severely corroded) and the firing pin, which is broken. I was able to replace the barrel with a new manufacture barrel.  The firing pin, on the other hand, is another matter.  I purchased a reproduction firing pin from Numrich but the sear does not pick it up.  It is shorter than the original ye .3" which may be the problem.  I don't know.

I would like to keep it as original as I can and still have a shooter.  Any suggestions as to where I might be able to find an original.  I have searched the usual sites without success.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I was under the impression that a Colt 1908 vest pocket firing pin will work. I used the Colt spring kit from Wolff in my FN 1906 and it worked great. Look for a cheap used pin on eBay and ask the seller to carefully measure it or if cheap enough give it a try.
ETA: come to think of it I put a Colt extractor in it I got off eBay too. Issue ended up being old weak springs but I left the Colt extractor in and it runs like a top.

I stay away from reproduction parts. Also, make sure the pin they gave you is not for a Baby Browning. I can measure my 1906 pin against my Baby Browning when I get home to see if it’s off by what you describe if you’d like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top