Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2019 1:13:11 PM EDT
Had an old 4" S&W 22A, great gun ran with everything, had it for about 10 years, multi thousands of rounds through it.
Got it from an local guy for $140, had it threaded for suppressor use. Was out practicing on my steel range and took a few shots and something fell off.
It was the back of the top rail up to the first groove and rear sight. Totally bummed.
I figured I could just call them and get a new rail/sight assembly, nope. Send the pistol in for evaluation, they sent me an RMA for UPS.
I Get an email a week later stating they cannot repair but the will send me my choice of new 5.5" Victory, plain muzzle or threaded.
Did not really want another 5.5" because I already have a threaded 5.5" 22A.
The reason is you can shoot cheapy bulk ammo through a 4" suppressed and it will not crack, sometimes with a 5.5" it will.
I tell them send me a threaded one.
A week later it shows up at my dealers place, SEAR ARMS (great to deal with).
Get it home, take one screw out and it is field stripped, one more and the barrel is out. Easiest rimfire pistol tear down ever!
Comes with Green fiber optic sights and an accessory picatinny rail for optic mounting. Install that and throw a dot on it. Out to the steel range for a comparison shoot!

Trigger is better than my other 22A, actually a really good trigger.
Mags are similar appearance but do not interchange. Shoots great with subs and supers. Put about 200 rds through them both. Its a keeper. Now I'm looking at a few parts from TandemKross for it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice to hear.  Really it is.  Lately all I hear from S&W is negative on CS.

But I'm going to argue one thing.  Ruger MKIV is the easiest takedown ever.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. The Victory is great. You’ll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!  Glad they took care of you.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice of them.  Thanks for the range report.  I have a 22a and like it a lot.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm, maybe I'll have to break my 22A.  Which I would hate to do because the thing shoots great.  But for a new Victory.........
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I recognize the Mask.  Is your other can a SiCo model?
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Very cool of SW to do that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recognize the Mask.  Is your other can a SiCo model?
View Quote
Yeah, Spectre II
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmm, maybe I'll have to break my 22A.  Which I would hate to do because the thing shoots great.  But for a new Victory.........
View Quote
That 4" was my favorite. Threading by https://www.jpgrips.com/
Attachment Attached File

The Departed
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Postban,

that top rail is the old style with the claw being a part of the cast rib. It also broke off on my S&W22A  at around 40,000 rounds. Mine is about as old as your 4 inch model and came with the first generation grips. I was sent a new style rib with the riveted steel spring claw under warranty. At 60k rounds the frame cracked and S&W built a frame with the same serial number for me.

Mine is pretty much retired but lasted over 110,000 rounds and is only occasionally shot by my oldest son now.

Link Posted: 6/12/2019 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a 22A once.
My experience was different from some of yours.

It was 30 years ago today,
Sgt. Pepper gave his gun away,
I kept sending it to Houlton, Maine
And the postman started to complain,
So, let me introduce to you,
The gun which pissed me off for years,
Sgt. Pepper’s Jam-0-Matic brand....

Seriously, the 22A I bought in 95 or so was a POS.  I'm not surprised that the OP's slide broke off.   However, I am surprised that S&W made good on your claim!
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had a 22A once.
My experience was different from some of yours.

It was 30 years ago today,
Sgt. Pepper gave his gun away,
I kept sending it to Houlton, Maine
And the postman started to complain,
So, let me introduce to you,
The gun which pissed me off for years,
Sgt. Pepper’s Jam-0-Matic brand....

Seriously, the 22A I bought in 95 or so was a POS.  I'm not surprised that the OP's slide broke off.   However, I am surprised that S&W made good on your claim!
View Quote
S&W sent me all parts to keep the pistol going for free under their great warranty.

Over the years and the 110,000 rounds I had four firing pins broken and the last time they just sent me five fp's, the recoil spring broke and the main spring was set and about half an inch shorter than the replacement spring, the rail broke and all parts were sent to me fast & free. S&W even sent me a dozen of the buffers for free. Finally the frame cracked and the lower was sent in.

The 22A had worked very well all those years and was less ammo sensitive than our other plinkers, two MkIIs among them. To this day the gun is accurate enough to easily keep all rounds in the black at 25 yards and is more accurate than our suppressed Ruger 22/45 Lite.

Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Dragged it through the Tandem Kross catalog with a little help from C-More and Striplin Customs.
8 moa. So far runs with everything tried from 30gr hyper to 45gr subs and 5 different 40gr. The bigger dot and huge FOV are such a change over the PA Red dot I had on it. The brake keeps to muzzle flat and you never lose sight of the plates. Just fun shooting now

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:12:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Having fun with it. The TK trigger is amazing too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 2:21:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Sweet setup you have there!  I'm going to need to get one of those thumb safeties.

Here's mine before I got the trigger installed.

Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Great little blaster there!

Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory 22LR Performance Center Pistol
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top