Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2020 10:45:05 AM EDT
General consensus on Bravo Concealment? Seems like they sell a lot of holsters. Owner seems like a good guy.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had a phantom for at least 10 years and love it. Of course they quit making that design.

Can't speak to the current stuff. Looks like the Comptac Warrior is a close version of the old Phanton from RC.

eta: crap, read that wrong, I was thinking Raven Concealment. Sorry
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had a phantom for at least 10 years and love it. Of course they quit making that design.

Can't speak to the current stuff. Looks like the Comptac Warrior is a close version of the old Phanton from RC.

eta: crap, read that wrong, I was thinking Raven Concealment. Sorry
View Quote

Lol, all good. At first I was like "WTF is he talking about". All good man.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an old XD-9 double mag pouch from them I got 6 years ago. Great quality and I EDC it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Owner is a shitbag who steals designs.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got two of their IWB holsters and they are fine quality wise. The Torsion works pretty well, the DOS could be better for my use.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Owner is a shitbag who steals designs.
View Quote

Could you elaborate?  I have a DOS and a Torsion for my EDC, and will be in the market shortly for another but not if they steal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
They are my favorite kydex holsters. I just wish they'd expand their gun list a bit.
I use their OWB holsters for my Glocks and M&P's and they keep everything tight against your body and don't print under an untucked shirt. I also have the torsion IWB holster for a Glock 19. With a little foam velcro'd on the bottom it's pretty comfy and conceals a G45 under a tee shirt no problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Could you elaborate?  I have a DOS and a Torsion for my EDC, and will be in the market shortly for another but not if they steal.
View Quote

Every single product they sell is a copy.

Their original holsters are clones of the RCS Phantom. The Torsion is a copy of an older kydex design. Their mag pouch is a direct copy of the RCS Copia, and their new belt is a clone of the Ares Gear Aegis belt.

When I questioned the owner, he gave me a smug I’m better than you and don’t care if they are copies response.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Every single product they sell is a copy.

Their original holsters are clones of the RCS Phantom. The Torsion is a copy of an older kydex design. Their mag pouch is a direct copy of the RCS Copia, and their new belt is a clone of the Ares Gear Aegis belt.

When I questioned the owner, he gave me a smug I’m better than you and don’t care if they are copies response.
View Quote

Just looked up these products to see the resemblance. Fuck, DAVE_M is right... Almost identical copys. It would be easy to not buy one from Bravo if they wern't cheaply priced.
Now I must decide morals v.s cost .
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
The RCS Phantom isn’t made anymore. I don’t know what the Torsion is a copy of, is that still in production? And where those companies the first to do that design? Or copy a leather design or someone else who is long gone themselves. The holster manufacturing scene is all about imitation and quality vs cost vs availability. How many “Summer Special” versions are there? VMII clones? I’m not going to crucify BC over some resemblances to out of production items.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The RCS Phantom isn’t made anymore. I don’t know what the Torsion is a copy of, is that still in production? And where those companies the first to do that design? Or copy a leather design or someone else who is long gone themselves. The holster manufacturing scene is all about imitation and quality vs cost vs availability. How many “Summer Special” versions are there? VMII clones? I’m not going to crucify BC over some resemblances to out of production items.
View Quote

The RCS Phantom isn’t made anymore because they have moved based the antiquated design to better things... oh wait... the current Bravo holsters utilize the same sliding tension screw that the RCS Perun brought to the market.

I do believe the company that made the original design the Torsion copied is still in business, but they are an extremely small maker that has been around longer than Bravo.

As for the rest of the items, the Copia is still in production and the Aegis belt is a big seller for Ares gear. So don’t lump them in the out of production group.

When the real deal is a few dollars more, don’t be so naive to support the trash at Bravo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
That belt is a copy of one I had as a Cub Scout more than 30 years ago, which was probably a copy of some military item.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That belt is a copy of one I had as a Cub Scout more than 30 years ago, which was probably a copy of some military item.
View Quote

The mechanism, yes. The size and colorways of the buckle, webbing used, cut of the belt, and using elastics keepers is nearly identical to the Ares Gear offering. Since no one else in the entire market makes something similar, Bravo has no argument. They copy many designs.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Stopped making left handed holsters so I stopped buying their stuff. Even if they have since started making them again I have moved on to better and less expensive options.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stopped making left handed holsters so I stopped buying their stuff. Even if they have since started making them again I have moved on to better and less expensive options.
View Quote

Please do share your brand(s) of choices
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Their OWB holster is good for the cost. I don't care for the Torsion and those are the only 2 Bravo products I've tried. As others have pointed out, if you're looking for originality, look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I wasn't too impressed with Bravo Concealment's Torsion holster either.  It just seemed cheap and thrown together to me.  The were sharp edges along the sweat guard and the holster just didn't ride well for me.  

My first warning bell was when I called my order in they kept trying to get me to do a two holster promotion they were running.  I politely declined a couple of times until I finally had to say, "Thank you but no, this will be my first holster from your company and I'd rather be stuck with one bad holster than two if that were to happen."  I was amazed at how quickly the small talk stopped and how quickly my order was wrapped up after that.  

I gave the holster a try for a few weeks until I went back to my Galco IWB.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Had a few bravo concealment OWB rigs when I was shooting M&P's.  I liked their stuff....but yeah, like Dave mentioned - rip off of other designs.  After they decided to stop making anything for lefties, I moved on.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Had a few bravo concealment OWB rigs when I was shooting M&P's.  I liked their stuff....but yeah, like Dave mentioned - rip off of other designs.  After they decided to stop making anything for lefties, I moved on.  

View Quote

Thought you meant "lefties" as in politically. ??
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks to everyone who has commented.
My conclusion- if you need a cheap holster and don't care that Bravo steals designs... buy it. If you do care, find another supplier.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I bought a OWB holster for my 1911 when they came with a free mag pouch. They both work great. I was a little annoyed that they say you can have your choice of belt loop sizes. 1.5 or 1.75. The truth is you only get 1.5 and you have to buy the 1.75 if you want it. I have since changed to the 1.75 belt loops on both the holster and the magazine pouch and I'm satisified. Apparently they do not offer this style of holster anymore.

I bought a double mag pouch for my Glock 23. The retention is uneven. One magazine is very tight, the other very loose. I returned it. They gave me a new one. I still have the same issue. If finally gave up and kept it as I was tired of shipping it back and forth. It now sits in a parts box someplace.

I ordered one of the new OWB holsters with the adjustable screw retention. I tighten it all the way down and the gun is still loose. I thought the holster was molded to the gun and all those frame protrusions molded into the holster would aid in retention. Turns out they are just for show on the outside of the holster. The inside is completely smooth. The holster rides well, but in no way has adjustable retention. At least, its either loose or looser, but in no way tight. The screw is tightened all the way down on the tightest setting. So the holster looks good, but I won't carry it because I fear the gun will not stay in the holster. It too now sits in a parts box.

So no more Bravo for me.

View Quote

Sounds like a crappy experience.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Another negative....I tried the torsion one for my G22.(returned)  Just doesn't work well for full size guns.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Another negative....I tried the torsion one for my G22.(returned)  Just doesn't work well for full size guns.
View Quote

Yeah, the general consensus seems to be negative if you're expecting a great value.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#27]
They have really good customer service. Which is good, because both times I've ordered from them, they fucked up my order.

First one, I ordered a holster for a S&W Shield. They sent a S&W Compact holster. Covered cost of shipping to return, and even had the correct one in the mail day after I contacted them, despite having a 2-3 week lead time for orders. It fit the gun, but retention was absolute shit. Used a heat gun to fix myself quickly at home, but still shouldn't have had to do that.

Second time, I ordered a mag carrier for a Glock 19 mag. There was absolutely zero retention with the mag inserted. If I held it and dropped my hand quickly, holding the carrier, the mag would fall out. Called them, they recommended I use a heat gun, I told them I wanted a full refund, or a mag carrier that would actually hold the mag. They sent me a new mag carrier, and I sent them the garbage one.

They got me the "correct" items quickly, but never again will I deal with, or ever recommend them.

Customer service was a breeze to deal with. Very friendly and helpful. It's honestly not good that customer service is the best thing I can say about their actual products. Products suck, great customer service.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I've purchased two holsters from them. Both work fine. One is a Range Time Tactical (RTT) holster from Bravo Concealment I've had for several years. Its basically a BCA Light Bearing holster with 0° cant, and I also own a BCA holster.

Turns out Cory from Range Time Tactical decided he was going to lie about Military Service instead of going the Lucas Botkin route and just being a great non military shooter. The RTT YouTube videos were good because they reviewed the guns that were desirable at the time and Erica, Cory's Wife and shooting partner was easy on the eyes, but his tool approach kinda revealed his hand. A little much on the "trying to hard" to be a badass instead of just shooting with his chick. His lies were verified and his 10 seconds of fame ended.

Bravo Concealment quickly moved on.  

Birds of a feather or smart business decision or both, who knows! This thread is the first I've heard of using someone else's design and theft but I wouldn't put it past Bravo Concealment.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I've only ever purchased one holster from them. It came with a huge dimple in the side of the slide that made it so the gun could not be inserted. It was clearly a quality control issue but was blatantly obvious immediately upon seeing it. I drilled the dimple out with a small drill bit to make it work but I literally never carried a gun in it once as I could not trust the quality of it after that.

I've sworn them off and won't waste my time even looking at their offerings anymore. Just my .02, your milage may vary.

I've since moved to KT Mech holsters and could not be happier with their customer service and product.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Tenicor is life
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top