Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2023 1:07:09 PM EDT
Anyone tried any of these ?
Curious  about some feedback, there seems to be nothing  online about them review wise.
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/BERETTA-92FS-10RD-9MM-MAGAZINE-AC-UNITY-296p7731.htm
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with those mags, but am tempted at that price.  Is that vendor good to go?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Made it hot for you.  But these are 10 round of which I'm not interested.  Fortunately I live in a freer state than most people.

Linky
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The vendor is good to go !
I too live in a free state, but am curious about the magazines.
I have no need for additional  92 mags , but these are different  & priced decent.
I wish there was a picture  of the spring & follower.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
RTG is 100% GTG.

I’m also a big fan of the AC-Unity product line, all with the exception of the MP5 have run very smoothly for me.

I haven’t tried the Beretta mags since the 10 round capacity doesn’t make any sense, but I have used all their various Glock mags for the 17 and 19 without issue.  I’d assume the Beretta mags are designed similarly.  If they came out with regular capacity ones, I’d probably buy a ton of them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Just put an order in for one & a brick of .22.  Will post pics when it comes in and a range report eventually.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Welp I got my order (1 mag to try it out) last week.  Initial impressions were it was very flimsy feeling.  Went shooting and it would have fail to feed about 50% of the time over the course of 50 rds.  Tried two brands of ammo, S&B 124 and rem 115 fmj's with same results.  Pretty impressive given the 92 feed angle that basically dumps rounds into the chamber.  Same gun with mecgar and usgi mags ran 100%.  

It felt like it had some room left after 10 rds, turns out you can muscle in 12 rds.  Tried loading it to 12 and shooting and it was clear the mag body swelled, you could feel resistance putting the mag in.  Same FTF issues still.  Good mag if you want to practice malfunction drills.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welp I got my order (1 mag to try it out) last week.  Initial impressions were it was very flimsy feeling.  Went shooting and it would have fail to feed about 50% of the time over the course of 50 rds.  Tried two brands of ammo, S&B 124 and rem 115 fmj's with same results.  Pretty impressive given the 92 feed angle that basically dumps rounds into the chamber.  Same gun with mecgar and usgi mags ran 100%.  

It felt like it had some room left after 10 rds, turns out you can muscle in 12 rds.  Tried loading it to 12 and shooting and it was clear the mag body swelled, you could feel resistance putting the mag in.  Same FTF issues still.  Good mag if you want to practice malfunction drills.
View Quote

That sucks. I'd contact RTG and let them know.  Either for a refund or to get the feedback to AC-U.  Maybe some truth to Magpul's resistance to doing replacements for OEM metal-based pistol mags.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Can Checkmate mags still be had for $20 or so? Website shows $28 ea, street price should be lower. Mil surp mags are also great buys as I've got multiples of those, they're all 100% for me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the follow-up on the mag.
I have a few in my cart, but have not checked out yet .
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the follow-up.
I have a few in my cart but haven't  checked out yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can Checkmate mags still be had for $20 or so? Website shows $28 ea, street price should be lower. Mil surp mags are also great buys as I've got multiples of those, they're all 100% for me.
View Quote

I can remember buying Checkmates for $4.95/mag new in paper. I ordered six and a friend ordered 11, wish I have purchased a whole case to sell now at $20/mag :)

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top