Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2018 4:29:00 PM EDT
Comments on the pocket 9mm they offer?  Want a back up to my Walther 9mm!  The Bond looks great for my jacket pocket... So?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bond Arms Bullpup is what I call a pocket handgun with a little novelty. If you got a little money to burn and like guns that people look at and wonder in awe, this is the gun.
There is no feed ramp on the barrel it has a lift table instead, That moves the bullet up towards the barrel throat.
It takes a little getting used too and its different from other guns this size.
Its about the same on accuracy as my Glock 43 or Sig 365.
I like high end and unique handguns so that's why I got the Bullpup.
Note how the bullets load in the magazine and that there is no follower in the mag.
I run Federal 124Gr HST's in mine, The gun has a list of ammo's to use on the gun and what not to use.
I suggest if you buy the gun to call Bonds and tell them you want extra mags and to be put on a list when available (usually a few weeks of wait, l've heard and I waited), As their website always shows out of stock. The gun is unique in the way it works, and as you can see the bullets sit under a lip on the mag and are drawed out towards the rear. There is no bolt hold open on the last round as for this design.
There is supposed to be a long slide version coming out soon, And Bond Arms has hinted about a threaded barrel version also in the future.

Glock 43, Sig P365, Bond Arms Bullpup for size comparison
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks all the data!  Will keep looking .. have large hands, and might keep looking for a better fit?  Or pack an another extra magazine....?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
New name on an old design. Used to be called the Boberg XR-9 but that was mostly vaporware as far as I ever knew.  Glad to see it found a new daddy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes Bond purchased the rights to all of Bobergs' design and patent information, but this is a completely new pistol and it's the first ever Bullpup handgun.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes Bond purchased the rights to all of Bobergs' design and patent information, but this is a completely new pistol and it's the first ever Bullpup handgun.
View Quote
For being the first ever and new.....it looks and operates exactly like the Boberg I handled in 2012 at SHOT.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For being the first ever and new.....it looks and operates exactly like the Boberg I handled in 2012 at SHOT.
View Quote
Pretty much. I haven't handled one but it's supposed to be well made. The Bond derringers, while kinda pointless, are well made.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had the opportunity to shoot the Bond Bullpup a few different times. It is a very comfortable shooting and well built gun. If you decide to purchase one I don't think that you'll regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top