Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2023 9:04:04 PM EDT
I'm finally nearing the end of a 1000 round bulk pack of BVAC reman 9mm 115 gr. JHP I bought about 10 years ago. Within the past year I've started having case blowouts. At least 3 so far.
Shooting it from an M&P Shield. The chamber loaded viewport seems to be the weak point rather than the feed ramp. I'll get powder marks on my hand and feel the gas at my face (luckily no injury so far) and no signs of pressure directed into the magazine.
But I haven't been able to find any other complaints of this happening with the M&P so I guess it must just be the ammo? The 500 rounds of .40 and 500 of 5.56 I also got from BVAC shot fine with no issues and are long gone.

Anyone have thoughts one this? I guess it's time to get rid of the rest of those rounds (about 100) - or at least stop using them until/unless I see the the same thing from another manufacturer's ammo. Anything else I should check or consider?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top