Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2021 8:32:43 PM EDT
Wanting to order a holster for my VP9. I normally carry a G43 but I’d like to carry the full size on occasion. I really like the way the Blackpoint Tactical mini wing is designed with the full kydex shell AND the flexibility of leather wings. But their lead time is currently 16-18 weeks. I don’t know if I want to spend $90 on a holster and have to wait 4 months to get it. Anybody have experience with these holsters? Is it worth the wait time and the money? Is there another holster out there that’s similar in design?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#1]
OP, no experience with Blackpoint, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to wait 16-18 for a holster of all things.    Depending on when you need it JM Custom might be a better choice.  They've got a bunch of HK stuff on quick ship:  https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/c/HK-Holsters.html

My most recent g19 w/tlr7a shipped 8 days after ordering & should be here sat.  They've yet to disappoint me for any of their holsters.  Just hoping they come out with a g48 w/trl7sub once the lights really get out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up locally when I bought my P365 XL. My main issue with it is that the clip on the grip side needs to be in its lowest position (top hole of the clip, bottom hole of the leather wing) or I can't get a my hand around the grip without hitting the clip even though I have thin hands. This leaves about 1 inch of the clip protruding below the leather wing which catches on my belt making it a pain in the ass to put on. I bought it a week ago so, I'm debating on whether to return it or just cut the excess off. I also find the plastic used for the clips very soft although it hasn't caused any issues when drawing the pistol.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got one for a Sig 226

I love it, very comfortable and has held up well.

My only complaint is that it positions the grip of the gun a bit further away from the body than I’d prefer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I carried a p229 in one for a few years before I moved to appendix carry.

Its very comfortable and kind of "floats" and moves with your body more naturally than most other holsters, its a very different feeling/weight distribution but still solid and secure. With that said I believe I paid less for mine and the wait time was significantly shorter back then.

Its a good holster just not sure if I would want to wait that long.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]
They are well worth it.  You can adjust the leather pads in any which way to lower or raise the belt clips.  I can wear this for 10+ hours of carry with no issue.  

The lead time is that many folks caught on to them now.  Why do you think that is?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top