Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2020 3:52:07 AM EDT
Over the last 15 years, I’ve picked up two used Browning HPs that we’re made in 1976.  

I’ll keep one as a shooter, but I want to have the other one reblued to factory... Or close as possible, to a factory finish.  And hopefully, find a set of period correct Browning Walnut grips to go with it.

Also, I would like to have some trigger work done on them.  Especially one, which has a very gritty and rough trigger, which I bought for $350, out the door.

Both pistols were not Israel or other types of military surplus pistols, but I feel comfortable to say that these were commercial market pistols.

The refinished Browning HP with go along with my early 80s Colt Series 70 Government .45 and my mid 80s Smith & Wesson Model 19 revolver...  Something I’ll hand down to one of my most deserving daughters/grandchildren...  In due time, when I’m ready to “check out of the net,” with a very clear understanding that these handguns stay in the family and to never be sold for any reason.

Thanks for any leads!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:01:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Turnbull would be a great start.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
How about the factory.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Don Williams or Fords in FL.

Fords did this one for me. This is their master blue.  Tell them you want to match the factory blue. They can do it.

Before:

After:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top