Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2018 5:22:51 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations on who has the best kit to allow for easy bolt removal on a Ruger Mark II.

Thanks for your advice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Removing the Mark II bolt is not really a very big deal. Usually comes right out. Reinstalling the mainspring housing/bolt catch is not that big of a problem either if you let the hammer fall forward then be careful to get the hammer strut in the correct position on the mainspring housing before you close and latch. I suggest watching a few Youtube videos till you get the hang of it.  I personally never felt the need to change the parts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Gunsmither Pistol Pal, on sale with TandemKross.   Or you could just use a loop of dental floss.

The MKII doesn’t even have a mag safety to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
MKVI and you're happy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Watched a few YouTube videos and got it taken apart, cleaned and successfully put back together. Only did it wrong once!

Saved my friend some money.:)

I can see this suppressed guys would automatically upgrade to the Mark IV but for a casual every day plinkers, it's a lot easier to take apart than I realized and if the owner was a frequent cleaning person I only then would upgrade to a special release.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watched a few YouTube videos and got it taken apart, cleaned and successfully put back together. Only did it wrong once!

Saved my friend some money.:)

I can see this suppressed guys would automatically upgrade to the Mark IV but for a casual every day plinkers, it's a lot easier to take apart than I realized and if the owner was a frequent cleaning person I only then would upgrade to a special release.
View Quote
I take it your friend didn’t have the manual as take down and reassembly is covered there very well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Mark 2 is easy. Mark 3 is a bitch with the the mag safety
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whats such a bitch about putting the magazine in and out two times?
You want to know what a bitch is, live in Michigan and  shovel snow now that is a bitch.
i would rather put magazines in and out for an hour than shovel snow for an hour.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Whats such a bitch about putting the magazine in and out two times?
You want to know what a bitch is, live in Michigan and  shovel snow now that is a bitch.
i would rather put magazines in and out for an hour than shovel snow for an hour.
View Quote
1. I can take any Ruger Mark whatever down and completely replace the internals
2. Knowing WHEN to put the magazine in and out is a bitch for a new owner. Dealing with mag safety is an added complication for disassembly.
3. I lived in northern MI for three years on Lake Huron. I am familiar with the term “lake effect snow”.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a heavy weight paper clip. It works great and is dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure what OP is asking for.  A kit of tools or a kit to modify the gun?  As far as tools, I use a paperclip on my MK3.  As far as kit to modify the gun, I think majestic arms patented their idea.  Probably not many people copying that design.  http://majesticarms.com/id10.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDcwDg2aTs8
Majestic Arms New Improved Speed Strip Kit +
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looking for recommendations on who has the best kit to allow for easy bolt removal on a Ruger Mark II.

Thanks for your advice.
View Quote
Ruger will send you a manual for free. At least they used to.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#12]
First thing I did was get rid of the mag safety when I bought my 22/45
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#13]
The only problem I have had is lining up the holes for the mainspring housing

I learned to drive the pin in from the top to get them lined up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
All you need to remember about when to insert the magazine, is that the hammer must be in the fired position when you remove and reinstall the mainspring assembly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top