Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2018 3:23:39 PM EDT
Reading about handgun sight tools is like reading about the best television.

Does anyone have a sight tool pick that is clearly above and beyond others?  I’d like to “buy once and cry once”

I prefer universal but I know this may have some draw backs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I use this and it has served me well. Just have to make sure and really tape up the slide.

Amazon Product
  • Handgun sight tool designed to install, un-install or adjust front and rear dovetail sights and works on all semi auto pistols
  • Precision machined unit with large 4 post drive knob to easily push the sight
  • Fully captures and supports slide so it won't deform

Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used this one for Glock, hi power, and 1911.  Works good enough for me and was inexpensive.

Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used this one for Glock, hi power, and 1911.  Works good enough for me and was inexpensive.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/11092/sight-tool-456955.jpg
View Quote
I agree and add XD to the list.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I use this and it has served me well. Just have to make sure and really tape up the slide.

www.amazon.com/dp/B01B3NU0U2
View Quote
I just bought one of these the other day. It's great. Really nice for the price. It works way better than a hammer and punch
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got an MGW PRO.  High dollar, but works really well.

This one looks interesting.

MGW range Master sight tool
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Give Fisher Sight Solutions a look.    Ive used mine on SIG and HK USP so far All good.  I got the premium kit with blocks to shim up about any slide.  Very well built.  Life long tool.

H
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Give Fisher Sight Solutions a look.    Ive used mine on SIG and HK USP so far All good.  I got the premium kit with blocks to shim up about any slide.  Very well built.  Life long tool.

H
View Quote
Been looking at this tool as well. The complete kit with all the shim blocks is around $93

Universal Handgun Sight Tool | Removing Sights

link
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/11092/sight-tool-456955.jpg
View Quote
There is no longer a website for this company and Amazon shows "unavailable".
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got an MGW PRO.  High dollar, but works really well.

This one looks interesting.

MGW range Master sight tool
View Quote
I bought a MGW Range Master for use in Afghanistan.  6 months later company bought them for us too.  Not something I like lugging around to the teams but keep in the shop.

CD
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Was getting ready to ask the same question.  Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Been looking at this tool as well. The complete kit with all the shim blocks is around $93

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NfXJhTX1x0

link
View Quote
That's what I use.  Works well but wrap the slide in leather shims or wrap a business card around it to protect the finish.  I also put the slide and sight in the freezer for about an hour beforehand and it makes it easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top