Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2020 11:13:07 PM EDT
Who makes the best open carry OWB hip holster?

Is Level 2 or Level 3 better?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my bravo concealment owb with the paddles. It’s extremely comfortable, rides very close, and locks in very well. No worries of it falling out. I’ve ran with it a few times playing with my dog and no issues. There is a little lip on the inside of the holster that covers the serrations and is a perfect place for your thumb to rest and help snap the gun free. Highly recommend. I have their iwb holster and it’s sucks, but the owb with the paddle attachments is awesome. Easy on and off as well
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Safariland ALS in the 7TS variety
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
@flying_finn Edited.  This is a technical forum, not GD.  - kpel308

From the CoC:

"Specific to the Tech Forums
The Tech Forums (AR-15, AK-47, Handgun, Armory, Training, Outdoors) are more "formal" and actions permitted in the General Discussion forums aren not permitted there. These forums are to share information and as a result, trolling, heated arguments, insulting others, etc will not be ignored."

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Deleted - kpel308

Is any part of this post serious?

Inappropriate for tech forums.  Removed.  kpel308
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who makes the best open carry OWB hip holster?

Is Level 2 or Level 3 better?
View Quote

Level 3 has more "retention"  How much better that is for open carry, I'm not sure.  I'm not a cop and haven't gone through any weapons retention training.  

Safariland is the most well known retention holsters.

Alien Gear just released their answer to Safariland called the Rapid Force.  You can get them in both Level 2 and 3.  Only available for glocks right now.  All models are optics compatible except the ACRO from what I understand.  I just recently got a Level 2 from them.  So far it seems to be a legit holster.  Wish I would have went with the Level 3 with the RDS hood, though.  Took them about a week to ship out.  
Here is mine.  No quick disconnect system as of yet, and only available in black right now.

Blackhawk also makes the T series.  No RDS support right now as far as I know.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Please don't quote CoC violations - kpel308

This isn't GD.

OP, the standard is Safariland when it comes to retention holsters.  Everyone else is an also-ran.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are looking for higher level duty holster type retention, Safariland is still the best on the market.  
If you want a holster that has adaptability, check out the Phlster Floodlight OWB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top