Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
RA9T
Outstanding real world performance in lots of OIS (officer involved shootings) from several large departments for decades.  
Outstanding gel performance.  Not +p, not harsh on the gun.  Doesn't suffer much from short barrel.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RA9T
Outstanding real world performance in lots of OIS (officer involved shootings) from several large departments for decades.  
Outstanding gel performance.  Not +p, not harsh on the gun.  Doesn't suffer much from short barrel.
View Quote
Where are you finding it? I used to use it until Winchester cut us off.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
RA9T
View Quote
I agree 100%. I put that in any 9mm I carry.

We did some redneck water-filled milk jug tests on that ammo and they are really nasty looking when they open up...
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I hear a lot of speak about 147gr in a Glock 43... It is not uncommon for the pistol to have issues feeding 147gr ammo.  I had to use 124gr HST in my G43 as the slight OAL increase on the 147gr ammo caused it to have malfunctions feeding.  I have been able to reduplicate this issue on more than one G43 actually 5 in total.

OP Winchester Ranger, Speer Gold Dot, or Federal HST are all good loads I would be ok with any of those.  I would option for the standard pressure personally as the benefit of +P really is not a benefit as they tend to preform basically the same as standard pressure but with more recoil.  I would choose any of the 3 brands in 124gr standard pressure.
View Quote

It may not be the length difference.

The longest length hollow point loads I've seen are the Remington 147 grain bullet loads.

The problem with those is fitting some nicro pistol magazines.

Most 147 grain bullet loads are shorter than those though.

Early 147 grain bullet ammo had a problem with so little powder, they wouldn't fully cycle all pistols.

With newer powders, a lot of the 147 grain bullet loads have a bit more velocity now, but powder capacity is still limited.

With a new Glock 43, maybe an issue with a borderline weak powder charge and stiff new springs.

Maybe the 147 grain HST load is just milder than some others.

That wouldn't be a good thing.

Federal did discontinue the +P 147 grain HST load.

There wasn't much difference in velocity, but some difference in recoil.

I like 147 grain bullet loads in short barrels, because they are mild and they lose very little velocity, compared to a standard 4 inch barrel.

124 grain bullet loads have just barely more recoil, but a lot more muzzle blast.

The additional powder with 124 grain bullets, along with the recoil is likely enough to move the slide a bit more strongly.

The 124 grain bullets do lose more velocity in short barrels, compared to 4 inch barrels.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top