Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2019 3:59:01 PM EDT
So much impressed with the trigger I bought a second one. ( first was in Bronze)

The Walther P99 system incorporated in the DA is awesome.

Did I mention the reset is phenomenal? Well, it is.

Question, what experience do you gents have with the other models, compared to the DA.

Looking to add more TP9 series to the collection, but so impressed with the DA model that I’m hesitant to “experiment “

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the TP9SFX

It's really an impressive gun for the money. I was ringing a 8" steel square at 75 yards offhand pretty easily last weekend with mine.

Comes with additional back straps, front sight fibers, mag release buttons, and a holster. Maybe other stuff? Can't remember.

Great value
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the TP9SFX with vortex red dot. Hard to beat. Awesome gun
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Have had two TP9SF's(one currently) both awesome pistols, especially for the money
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
If the Elite had the DA length slide it'd be a G19 killer.  Not sure why they went longer with it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The DA barrel length is 4.07" and the Elite is 4.19" if I'm not mistaken... I don't think a hair over 1/10th of an inch factors into much of a deal breaker for most shooters.

I believe there never will be a "killer" for the Glock 19... just a lot of excellent competition now that equals it. The shear numbers of 19's out there, coupled with the "kool-aid" drinking fanaticism of it's followers will keep it at the top. What I find funny about the most devout 19 supporters is the amount of money they spend "accessorizing" one as soon as they buy it.... to where it often doesn't even resemble the original gun. If "perfection" involves all that, I'll pass. The 19 is a great gun in it's own right, so maybe I just don't get it.

The aftermarket isn't there to support turning a CANIK into a Barbie doll, but I will say that most CANIK buyers don't seem to desire to change it much, no matter which flavor they pick.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the reply’s gents.

I own many pistols to compare with. I. E. G19x, VP9, P320 et al.

My question still stands. How do the other models ( Canik) stack up to the DA version.

Price point is already awesome. Mags made by Mec-Gar, sights by Warren Tactical. Etc.

Just looking for comparisons of this model to consider say maybe an SF

Right now for me it’s all about the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USMC_Dad:
Thanks for the reply’s gents.

I own many pistols to compare with. I. E. G19x, VP9, P320 et al.

My question still stands. How do the other models ( Canik) stack up to the DA version.

Price point is already awesome. Mags made by Mec-Gar, sights by Warren Tactical. Etc.

Just looking for comparisons of this model to consider say maybe an SF

Right now for me it’s all about the trigger.
View Quote
I can only speak for the Elites... I own two regular Elite's and just picked up on Thursday a second SC Elite. I love the trigger on those... and like you have plenty of others to compare them to.
Having owned a Wather 99 DA in the past, I would say you're looking at apples & oranges when compared to an SF model. Canik has really came to this game in the US with their ducks in a row, offering quite the variety.
With that said, the SF trigger system is the only one's I have interest in.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AZ-Dave:
The DA barrel length is 4.07" and the Elite is 4.19" if I'm not mistaken... I don't think a hair over 1/10th of an inch factors into much of a deal breaker for most shooters.

I believe there never will be a "killer" for the Glock 19... just a lot of excellent competition now that equals it. The shear numbers of 19's out there, coupled with the "kool-aid" drinking fanaticism of it's followers will keep it at the top. What I find funny about the most devout 19 supporters is the amount of money they spend "accessorizing" one as soon as they buy it.... to where it often doesn't even resemble the original gun. If "perfection" involves all that, I'll pass. The 19 is a great gun in it's own right, so maybe I just don't get it.

The aftermarket isn't there to support turning a CANIK into a Barbie doll, but I will say that most CANIK buyers don't seem to desire to change it much, no matter which flavor they pick.
View Quote
My Glock 19 has night sights on it, no other improvements.

If I were to buy a Canik, it would be because of the inexpensive price.   If I was going to dump money into it, I’d buy a different gun.  Maybe that’s why Canik owners don’t have the desire to change anything.  I don’t think your premise is correct...
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

My Glock 19 has night sights on it, no other improvements.

If I were to buy a Canik, it would be because of the inexpensive price.   If I was going to dump money into it, I’d buy a different gun.  Maybe that’s why Canik owners don’t have the desire to change anything.  I don’t think your premise is correct...
View Quote
My observation is based on guys I know that own both Glocks and Caniks.... if your observation or opinion is different... that's great! It's the beauty of free thinking
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Do the magazines on these interchange with the Walther p99?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tr6r:
Do the magazines on these interchange with the Walther p99?
View Quote

no.  The PPQ M2 can use Canik mags.  The walther grip frame is shorter and uses 15rd mags.  The Canik is longer and uses 18rd mags
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DCopp:

no.  The PPQ M2 can use Canik mags.  The walther grip frame is shorter and uses 15rd mags.  The Canik is longer and uses 18rd mags
View Quote

I've got the TP9SF (?) and it has 15 round mags.  It takes the 18 rounders that my buddy has for his Canik, but these are 15.  So it would take Walther mags?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Wrong... Best Canik is TP9SF.

Less complicated.

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
I have the TP9SFX

It's really an impressive gun for the money. I was ringing a 8" steel square at 75 yards offhand pretty easily last weekend with mine.

Comes with additional back straps, front sight fibers, mag release buttons, and a holster. Maybe other stuff? Can't remember.

Great value
View Quote

@JoeMal

Not specifically picking on you. I see many people say "...for the money", like it doesn't compare to the higher priced options. I own or have owned almost all of the polymer-framed, striker-fired 9mm's and the Canik TP9SF that I own is right up there with the best of them. It probably has the 2nd best trigger out there.

Why can't people just state that the Canik is a great pistol? "For the money" is viewed by most as a back handed disqualifier.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CA_TX-Cop:

I've got the TP9SF (?) and it has 15 round mags.  It takes the 18 rounders that my buddy has for his Canik, but these are 15.  So it would take Walther mags?
View Quote

The Elite grip frame is short enough to take Walther PPQ M2 mags, yes, but why?  Walther Mags are way more expensive
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a Canik tp9sf. It was a real quality made gun. It just wasn't the gun for me...

I am seriously considering picking up the Canik DA. I like the ability to decock the striker. I carry a Walther p99c
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#17]
For someone that carries a P99 the DA is ideal because the trigger system works exactly the same way.  I sort of have a DA on my "to get" list, but I am basically not buying guns that can't mount optics anymore and the decocker on the DA precludes it getting cut for a red dot.  I might get one anyway, I'm just not sure why.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I got the TP9SF. Great pistol. Never have cared about a decocker.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I carry the TP9SA. I got no complaints. My wife liked it enough she wanted on too. The triggers are incredible. Certainly the best 9mm out there for the money.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Got me the TP9SF model. Just need more mags!
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By recon:
Got me the TP9SF model. Just need more mags!
View Quote

Good luck with getting more mags.  I sold off my Caniks because there haven't been any mags available for close to a year.  Only having two mags for each pistol is something I just couldn't accept.  It killed me to get rid of them because I think Canik makes really sweet pistols.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:37:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hydguy] [#22]
Should have bought more Caniks and increased your mag collection that way.

I'm up to 4. A Combat Elite, an Executive, an full size, and a Mete. the full size mags work in all of them, and it was used with 5 mags, so I have plenty of mags for all of them at this point.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:58:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#23]
I wish they would make the DA in an elite frame, I want the shorter grip length.

As for mags, I just bought 3 mags for my elite combat, they where 32 bucks iirc and they had both 18 and 15 rounders. gunmagwarehouse.com

edit they are now out of stock at gunmagwarehouse
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:41:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hotwhls66] [#24]
Wrong best Canik is the Mete series. I have the SFT and it’s great. Sold the Glock 19x for it. Not sure what you would upgrade it comes with everything you need. Great trigger, ambi slide release, optics ready slide cut.Also comes with a Canik flared magwell extension if you want to install it.  I purchased extra 10 round mags and just drilled out the mag indentation to make it an 18 rounds works great. There is no difference in the two mags other then the 10 rounder having a indent to stop loading for rounds.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I have about 7-8 glocks and one canik.  I have an elite combat and it is my favorite handgun that i own.  Hands down vest trigger on a striker fired gun that i have ever used.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zardos] [#26]
I got the DA and a tricked out SFX, both are excellent.  I own a few Glocks but none in 9mm, My Caniks ans a few others I own have that covered.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Still waiting on the high cap mags. Been a while since any have been for sale.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By recon:
Still waiting on the high cap mags. Been a while since any have been for sale.
View Quote

Keep your eyes open I just picked up 3 new elite combats and 2 20 rounds mags. All for under 30 each
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Where at?
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Hotwhls66:
Wrong best Canik is the Mete series. I have the SFT and it’s great. Sold the Glock 19x for it. Not sure what you would upgrade it comes with everything you need. Great trigger, ambi slide release, optics ready slide cut.Also comes with a Canik flared magwell extension if you want to install it.  I purchased extra 10 round mags and just drilled out the mag indentation to make it an 18 rounds works great. There is no difference in the two mags other then the 10 rounder having a indent to stop loading for rounds.
View Quote

Do you conceal carry the SFT?  

Im looking for something bigger than my Shield Plus (I know, not hard to do!) but worry the METE SFT is *too* big to conceal.  Same issue with the TP9DA, though I did just see someone that cut the grip down to match the SF Elite grip height.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Best Canik is the Combat Executive or elite.  Not even close.  I own most of them and many of the Walthers as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top