Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2021 12:07:11 AM EDT
Link to $12.95 new mags

I’m new to the 92 so new that my gun hasn’t arrived yet.

Started looking at mags to stock up on and ran across these.

Can anyone tell the actual manufacturer of these?

Also what’s the best deal in 92 mags?

The model I ordered was only available with 10rd mags. Needing some higher capacity mags. 15-20 rounders
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 12:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Aftermarket could mean anything.

Stick with Beretta factory from their estore when they have coupon codes or buy a bunch of flush fit 18 rd MecGar mags from Greg Cote LLC.

All my 92s have the 18 rd MecGar mags except my Brigadier which have Beretta factory 17rd mags because the customized grips won’t accept MecGar baseplates
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, wait for the annual Beretta sale.  Mec Gar is OEM
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a few Mec-Gar and a literal pile of OEM Beretta. That says "aftermarket". It could literally be the worst bottom tier reject shit that makes Triple K look like Chip McCormick.

Stay away.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#5]
What’s the general consensus on military mags?

Who all manufactured  them for .gov?

What’s the best price for surplus, beretta or mec gar mags? I know Biden / covid has got everything jacked up now.

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Current coupon codes for berettausa.com.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the general consensus on military mags?

Who all manufactured  them for .gov?

What's the best price for surplus, beretta or mec gar mags? I know Biden / covid has got everything jacked up now.

View Quote
Military mags are hit or miss. Checkmate Industries made a bunch for DoD. They sucked because they were made to DoD contract specs. The parkerized the inside of the mag tube and that caused feed issues. So they were ditched for cheap on the surplus market. You can make them work by chucking a large brass brush in a power drill and polishing thr insides of the mag tubes.

Or you can skip all that and just buy OEM Beretta mags.

When I was in, OEM mags were everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve had ZERO issues with my surplus, unissued, Checkmate mags in my 92FS and CX4. Of course, I mostly shoot on a nice clean range in good weather. The rough parked areas wear down quickly. For my goto guns I use only Beretta/MEC-GAR mags.

That being said “Aftermarket” is likely code for “if we told you who made them, you probably wouldn’t buy”.

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’ve had ZERO issues with my surplus, unissued, Checkmate mags in my 92FS and CX4. Of course, I mostly shoot on a nice clean range in good weather. The rough parked areas wear down quickly. For my goto guns I use only Beretta/MEC-GAR mags.

That being said “Aftermarket” is likely code for “if we told you who made them, you probably wouldn’t buy”.

View Quote

True. I bet they are pro mags.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#10]
OP just buy these.

This is the best deal on 18rd mecgars I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Military mags are hit or miss. Checkmate Industries made a bunch for DoD. They sucked because they were made to DoD contract specs. The parkerized the inside of the mag tube and that caused feed issues. So they were ditched for cheap on the surplus market. You can make them work by chucking a large brass brush in a power drill and polishing thr insides of the mag tubes.

Or you can skip all that and just buy OEM Beretta mags.

When I was in, OEM mags were everywhere.
View Quote

Only 2004 and earlier Checkmates are parkerized; Check Mate and Airtronic.contract mags made after that have a dry film finish. In my experience both work fine.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aftermarket could mean anything.

Stick with Beretta factory from their estore when they have coupon codes or buy a bunch of flush fit 18 rd MecGar mags from Greg Cote LLC.

All my 92s have the 18 rd MecGar mags except my Brigadier which have Beretta factory 17rd mags because the customized grips won't accept MecGar baseplates
View Quote

This I ordered a bunch of mags last year from BerettaUSA came to less than $20 a mag or so
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top