Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2019 5:19:03 PM EDT
Did Beretta ever solve the issues with these?  Frame cracking if I remember correctly.

Have been wanting a compact .32 for awhile.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned several of the Inox Tomcats and, while none were heavily used, none ever cracked the frame. IIRC, Beretta stated that if a crack does appear, it's cosmetic only and doesn't compromise safety/reliability.
The heavier Inox slide appears to significantly reduce the incidents of frame cracking.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
No. Beretta has not solved the frame crack issue on the 3032’s.
They will not replace the frame either.
I have several 3032’s. They all have the crack. If you shoot the gun regularly its gonna crack.
That said its a non-issue as the guns run just fine with the crack.
I have an early blue one with the entire top piece missing where the crack occurs and it runs perfectly.
One INOX “fat slide” I had to gently file down the crack piece so the slde wouldn’t rub during cycling.
Helpful hint: Use a bore mop on a drill and some polishing compound like Flitz and polish the chamber.
These little guys get iffy when the chambers get dirty. Keep the chamber clean as possible.
On range day use a bore snake to clean the chamber every few mags. Keeps them running good until cleaning time.
Mine do not like the Winchester white box ammo.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Decent little pistols, I had one as one of my first true carry guns, {meaning I finally had a license to go along with my gun} and I packed it around in a jacket pocket.

Mine was 100% with Silver Tips, although the gun just never really felt "robust" enough to inspire confidence. Also, the black finish was thin and fragile. I finally gave it to my baby sister who needed a personal protection gun, and I got something in a bigger caliber.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Try an NAA Guardian out. It probably has a better DA pull than the Tomcat.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn you guys just bought me one today

Beretta 3032 by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Keltec P32. Great little pocket pistol. Seriously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top