Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2021 10:07:07 PM EDT
Have a pair of "mouse guns" in 25acp. Both are blued Berettas, ond being a 21A, one being a 950BS (manual safety model)

Was thinking about selling one to free up funds / space for another pistol, but having a hard time figuring out which I'd like to keep.

I like the shorter, single action only trigger of the 950 better, but the manual safety is a royal PITA to operate. The DA/SA trigger is much nicer to carry without having to worry about operating the tiny safety.

While both pistols have a primary role of a range toy, it is nice to be able to slip the 21A into a pocket if needed. I dont feel as comfortable with the 950.

The 21A is nicer overall (better condition) and i have the factory box / manual with it. The 950 is just a loose pistol that looks like it was carried quiet a bit before me owning (honest "holster wear" on corners / edges).

Logically, the 21A is the better choice of the 2, but I'm wondering if I will miss the nicer 950 trigger in the long run.

Thoughts?

Edit: I am aware of the low power / limitations of the 25ACP cartridge, so please don't start that kind of conversation here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The 21A I had would be good to throw at somebody
only.  I would fire a few rounds then jam up.  It was very accurate but I wouldn't trust it at all.  I sold it back to the gun shop.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:15:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I had both and sold the 950 because of the same reason you're thinking. I tried to practice cocking the hammer while drawing but the 21A DA trigger with safety off won.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Range toy only? The 950 for the trigger. But you’ve stated you’ll sometimes carry it and to me that means the 21. Unless of course you have a very trusty holster for the 950 that protects the safety from being nudged off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Range toy only? The 950 for the trigger. But you’ve stated you’ll sometimes carry it and to me that means the 21. Unless of course you have a very trusty holster for the 950 that protects the safety from being nudged off.
View Quote

Primary role is range toy. However, knowing I have it in the safe and can easily throw it in a pocket is a plus.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Neither . . . KelTec P32

or . . .Ruger LCP II .22

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Both are fun to shoot at the range but for carry I'd take the 21A in 22lr over 950BS in 22 short any day.
I actually did carry a 21A in 22lr in my pocket about 30 years ago.  I've also carried a 950BS in my pocket for a time but in 25ACP with empty chamber.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a 950 and 21A in 25acp. Still have the 21A
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top