Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2021 11:49:11 AM EDT
Anyone use Battle Werx for an optic slide cut?

I am liking the fact you can get a purpose built cut for the Holosun foot print on the 43X or 48 so you don't need suppressor sights.

Battle Werx G43X/48 page
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I had them do a glock 19 for me and I had it nitrided so it took a little longer.
Totally worth the wait.
Next time I need a slide done I'm going through them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
use jagerwerks instead, I havnt heard anything good about BW
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They did a damn good job on mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
BW did a perfect job on my holosun cut.  Incredibly precise.  I like the little supports they leave around the screw holes.

I didn't refinish mine and got it back within 2 weeks of shipping it out.  I just put a bit of silicon grease under the optic for corrosion.

You cannot see any missing finish with the holosun installed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Had my 43x cut for a 507k at battlewerx. Extremely happy with the results
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Had two slides done BW and they look great and shoot great. Had work done but maple leaf too with good results.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
BattleWerx did an exceptional and precise milling job on my G17.3 for a Trijicon RMR2... the precision was so good that I at first thought is was done wrong.... the sight had to be lowered with care to be sure it was perpendicular to the cut it was that tight... the concave front cut holds the sight so firmly, I would argue that none of the shear force was transmitted to either of the mounting studs, and that the cap screws were just to hold it in place..
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Had my 43x cut for a 507k at battlewerx. Extremely happy with the results
View Quote

Me too. Turnaround wasn't bad either. They received my slide Jan 4, 2021 and I had it back after the cut and nitride by Feb 2nd.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a good experience with battlewerx.  The milling job came out great.

UPS lost the box on the way back from getting nitride done and they were going to buy me another 19.5 because stripped slides weren’t available on Gen5s yet.  The box ended up showing up but I appreciated the way they handled it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a few done by them.  Fast turn around and great to deal with.   Plan on having them do two - three more.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#11]
They have done several. Flawless work each time.  Very detail orientated outfit.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You must not pay attention. I've heard nothing but praise
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obvious troll is obvious. Or do you work for JW? Nothing wrong with JW, but your post is pathetically ignorant and obtuse. How many accounts have you burned through here?

BW did an amazing job on my Gen 5 17 in 2019, including nitriding. They actually beat their projected turnaround time, as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top