Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2018 6:15:06 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Mark IV Series 70, Circa 1980.  The pistol seems to be in good shape, generally speaking, but I have a question about the diameter of the barrel.  As seen in the pictures below, it gets bigger at the end of the barrel.  This pistol has the "finger" barrel bushing of old.  Is this standard for a Series 70 or is there something wrong with the barrel?

EDIT:  Well, I figured it out.  It is the way it’s supposed to be.  Took me sometime to find the answer, but like all things on the internet......it’s out there.

Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#1]
relace finger bushing with the solid type. Pay for EGW to machine it toy your measurements.

the barrel is tapered to help prevent binding, finger bushing were known to crack.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly what i did.  Much appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top