Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2022 1:02:10 PM EDT
The other day I went out shooting, it’s been a minute since I had the time and I decided to finally take my GHM9 Gen 1 shooting. I only shot it once before and at that time it had issues but I thought leaving the mag loaded would solve it. Fast forward to yesterday, I took shooting and then the problems started really getting bad. Double feed and failure to eject same time, and the magazine just falling out at random mid fire when I’m no where near the magazine catch. It’s worth noting the malfunction are different for each mag but out of the 5 mags I have nothing but problems.

I have the newer feed ramp, bolt cut, no receiver cut though for the Glock mag lower (which I don’t understand how?) . Did I get a fluke gun or just trash magazine? Are the mags really this bad? I don’t want to buy more if it’s just gonna keep pissing on my parade… I’ve seen the scorpion magazine lower and Glock lower. But that’s a lot more money and I’m tight on funds saving for a wedding.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Also any help would be appreciated!! I like my GHM9 a lot and it sucks this keeps happening :(
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not to the GHM9 so I'm not help... but after watching all the videos on YT about it I thought the only issue with the Gen1 was the hollowpoint issue

So i went with the GHM9-G Gen2

But I did find this archived thread discussing problem mags

B&T Mag Issues - Archived Thread

Lingle Industries has the best price for lowers that I have seen but you gotta get on their waitlist.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly that’s what I’m veering twords. I wish B&T Made a MP5 lower, I’m not sure why they don’t considering they make OEM parts for HK. The fact they went Glock confuses me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Made another trip to the range, same issues different magazine. Sending it in for warranty service so I’m hoping they can fix whatever crap is going on with it. Opted to pay the 100$ upgrade for Glock lower and just going to get one of those.

Figured I got a shop by me that has 33 round Kriss Glock mags for 19.99$ a pop so why the hell not.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Spoke to B&T today, they are replacing all the springs in the recoil assembly and go through testing it over the next 1-2 days

The armorer says it’s a mix of either the recoil assembly or feed ramp. I guess it’s not a magazine issue after all. Eh flukes happen just glad I’m getting it fixed now before warranty expired.

ETA is roughly end of the week.

Maybe I won’t need a Glock lower after all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]
compatability I would not have bought a GHM9 unless it took Glock magazines. MP5 magazines are expensive and curved. Why not have magazine compatibility?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top