Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2018 2:00:10 PM EDT
I have a few BHPs and have been torture testing one, shooting hundreds of rounds per session.  This is the best shooting 9MM but I noticed the trigger pin walking out yesterday.  Is this common?  Is there a fix?
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
My BHP has no less than 50K+ rounds through it in over 30 years of ownership. No pin walking here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It happens. You can try a new pin, they are cheap. Just make sure to install it correctly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct. Either a new trigger pin. Or have a qualified gunsmith who understands and knows Browning Hi-Powers peen the pin from inside the frame. It will never walk out again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea I would try a new pin.  I've taken the trigger pin out on a few surplus guns and it took a mini sledge to get that mfer to move  I definitely don't have any pin walking with mine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
It happens.  I've got a MkIII that went new to Novaks and the trigger pin walks.  Need to send it back and let them fix it one of these days...
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It happens.  I've got a MkIII that went new to Novaks and the trigger pin walks.  Need to send it back and let them fix it one of these days...
View Quote
Interesting

My Novak also has a trigger pin that walks pretty easily

Never enough to cause a issue, but I dont like it
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Fairly common issue.  I had one that walked as well.  Unfortunately it is caused by either removing or installing the trigger pin from the wrong direction.  The right side frame hole is slightly undersized, which results in sort of a press fit between the pin and frame.  Forcing the pin in or out from the wrong direction enlarges the hole, and then there is no longer enough friction to retain the pin.  On my last one I put a little red loctite on one end of the pin and pushed it back in.  Seemed to hold fine after that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top