Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2018 11:51:42 PM EDT
Does anybody make polymer base plates for standard BHP magazines?
Then don't need to be +anything, just a direct replacement on my Mec-Gars.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Berettas, they fit, but the front has to be shaped.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
While they are too long and extend too far forward from the grip, Beretta base plates fit and can be trimmed with the right tools.  Maybe some other brands would fit too but I haven't heard of anyone trying them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
CZ baseplates also seem to work though the hole in the center may need to be enlarged so the nub can fit into it better...
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anybody make polymer base plates for standard BHP magazines?
Then don't need to be +anything, just a direct replacement on my Mec-Gars.
View Quote
Mec-Gar will sell you OEM style replacements.  Or at least they used to.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If the beretta base plates fit, then the Sig 226 baseplates would fit too. I used to replace all my Sig base plates with berettas.

I also used to buy the Pachmyr base plates with the rubber pads, but I've never seen polymer.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the beretta base plates fit, then the Sig 226 baseplates would fit too. I used to replace all my Sig base plates with berettas.

I also used to buy the Pachmyr base plates with the rubber pads, but I've never seen polymer.
View Quote
Really? NEAT! When I get home I'll see if Sig P228/229 baseplates fit...that might be cleaner looking than Beretta ones
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
While the Sig baseplate does technically fit...the center hole needs to be enlarged, but the real problem is that the Sig baseplate has a sort of skirt that comes up above the bottom of the mag body. This prevents the BHP mag from actually going far enough in the gun to seat...

But, Beretta baseplates fit on Sig mags just fine, so there is that
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, sorry that didn't work out for you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Still looking.   I want to carry my HP full time but I need to do something about those sharp edges from my spares.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still looking.   I want to carry my HP full time but I need to do something about those sharp edges from my spares.
View Quote
Knock the edges off with a file
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd highly recommend the Beretta 92 baseplates, honestly. There's a lot of meat on the plastic so they can be easily sanded/shaped to be not sharp on any edge, not that they're sharp in the first place. Or, use a CZ Compact rubber baseplate, and enlarge the center hole so the lock can fit; that huge amount of rubber is pretty comfortable to carry, even if it is a little bulky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top