Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2021 1:05:58 PM EDT
I purchased a new 75th HP in October of 2010. I had multiple HP's at that time but sold off all but two over the years.

I hear very little about the 75th HP, but I will occasionally go on Gun B and I see remarkable asking prices for the 75th. Are they really that collectable?

I still shoot my 75th on occasion but wonder if due to collector value I should stop shooting it. I have no intention of selling the 75th in the near future, but if it is really a rare item, I can switch to shooting only my other older HP.

I would appreciate any comments.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No more "collectability" than any other Hi Power made the same year in the same condition.

Special editions often only have extra value to people with an emotional attachment to an event or place.
Texas editions sell better in Texas.
San Antonio PD marked S&W Model 58's, real popular with family of that PD.
Iwo Jima Colt Series 70 Government Models sell for less than an plain jane of the same year.

Now, HP Renaissance models?...........oh hell yeah they are more collectible.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#2]
Tom,

Thanks for the comments. I don't collect HP's and was surprised with the asking prices for the 75th. I am not sure if any actually sell for the asking price on-line. If I collected HP's, I would be willing to pay more for a really nice C series HP then for a 75th. I would also think a nice WWII nazi marked HP would bring substantially more then the 75th.

Thanks for your comments. I think I will go ahead and shoot my 75th on occasion, but generally shoot my plain-Jane HP when I need a HP fix.

Per the lack of posts in response to my question, I would guess there is little collector interest in the 75th.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Ironically, many items that are intentionally marketed as being collectible or commemorative in reality turn out to be less collectible than the standard model. And quite often go for less money than a standard model.

The same observation seems to hold true for lots of stuff, not just guns.

I would just shoot it and enjoy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top