Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2020 2:20:12 AM EDT
I have gotten around 5-6 months of battery life on my carry gun. What's been your experience? Thanks for your reply!
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
7-8 months
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
First one changed at 8 months, second one still going strong after 5 months.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
9 - 10 months.  When I carry it in the rotation, otherwise it's off in the safe.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I seem to be getting 3-4 months out of mine, but will occasionally have to pull the battery and insert it to get it to turn on.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I went all in on the P 320 RX. I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed in the battery life. It's my first handgun equipped with an RDS; so I'm constantly presenting the gun from concealment (unloaded, of course. I've had an ND before, years ago. It wasn't pleasant) to acquire the dot, etc. So maybe I'm running the battery down that way. However, I'd hate to have to need it and not have it, as they say. I'm talking about the dot. I realize there are very good suppressor height night sights on the gun. I'm happy I don't have a Sig pistol that doesn't have rear iron sights. And, furthermore, I wouldn't buy one, at this point, because of the anemic battery life.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone make a plate adapter for other RDS's to be installed on the Sig RX line?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went all in on the P 320 RX. I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed in the battery life. It's my first handgun equipped with an RDS; so I'm constantly presenting the gun from concealment (unloaded, of course. I've had an ND before, years ago. It wasn't pleasant) to acquire the dot, etc. So maybe I'm running the battery down that way. However, I'd hate to have to need it and not have it, as they say. I'm talking about the dot. I realize there are very good suppressor height night sights on the gun. I'm happy I don't have a Sig pistol that doesn't have rear iron sights. And, furthermore, I wouldn't buy one, at this point, because of the anemic battery life.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone make a plate adapter for other RDS's to be installed on the Sig RX line?
View Quote
I feel the same way, I wouldn't buy a Romeo sight again. It is obvious the sight sucks otherwise Sig wouldn't have revamped the line and changed every single thing about it from the footprint up.

Bobro and Springer Precision make adapters to run a RMR
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I feel the same way, I wouldn't buy a Romeo sight again. It is obvious the sight sucks otherwise Sig wouldn't have revamped the line and changed every single thing about it from the footprint up.

Bobro and Springer Precision make adapters to run a RMR
View Quote
PD; I just ran over to both websites. It looks like the Springer Precision plate would be the best option. I'm kinda of wondering if that plate would work with my P320 RX Compact. It states that it's for the X-Compact, M17, etc. I will have to make inquires............
Those Romeo 1 could end up making it to the EE sooner rather than later if I can scrap up enough scheckel's.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

PD; I just ran over to both websites. It looks like the Springer Precision plate would be the best option. I'm kinda of wondering if that plate would work with my P320 RX Compact. It states that it's for the X-Compact, M17, etc. I will have to make inquires............
Those Romeo 1 could end up making it to the EE sooner rather than later if I can scrap up enough scheckel's.
View Quote
based on the pictures it looks like it should for slides cut for the original Romeo 1
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I seem to be getting 3-4 months out of mine, but will occasionally have to pull the battery and insert it to get it to turn on.
View Quote
I had the same issue with one of my R1s after about 5,000 rounds, which was a relatively early generation of the unit. That particular optic also seemed to go through a battery about once every few months. I contacted Sig and they said it was likely a problem with the Motac system sensor. They paid for shipping to return the optic to them and within a week had sent me a brand new, later-gen unit for free. That one and the second R1 (also later gen) that I’ve had for much longer (closing in on eight or nine months now) are both on their first batteries and still going strong
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I had the same issue with one of my R1s after about 5,000 rounds, which was a relatively early generation of the unit. That particular optic also seemed to go through a battery about once every few months. I contacted Sig and they said it was likely a problem with the Motac system sensor. They paid for shipping to return the optic to them and within a week had sent me a brand new, later-gen unit for free. That one and the second R1 (also later gen) that I’ve had for much longer (closing in on eight or nine months now) are both on their first batteries and still going strong
View Quote
Next time I change the battery I'll note when I installed it and measure battery output when it dies. If it seems to be fairly short I'll contact Sig to ask about a replacement. I don't know how old it is since I bought the slide/optic from Coregon
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a few months out of mine but it’s cold here and after spending some time in the cold garage mine wouldn’t turn on. After replacing the battery I decided to sell my rx slide and get one that’s milled for an rmr. I didn’t have a bad experience with the Romeo 1, but I don’t trust it for carry use.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I replaced my battery and it's all good. I'm going to monitor the sight for now. I could have gotten an older battery in the box when I bought it. We'll see. But for now, I'm not spending any cash on something I might not really need. I know the RMR is like the Holy Grail of pistol red dots. But I have the Romeo 1 and the shroud attached, and I've already dropped the gun on concrete from about 4 feet-5 feet; I know it will work after being dropped from that height. Time will tell, and I'll give it that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#13]
My Romeo 1 had a dead battery almost every time I took it to the range.  I turned it off after every use.

I sent it in to SIG and they sent me a new one. I am giving it a second chance.

Holosun with shake awake, solar, and battery backup is a better option.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#14]
My original X5 has the original battery. I got it about a year ago and put a few thousand rounds through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top