Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2018 2:14:49 PM EDT
Seen a few videos of the newest Khar Auto Ordnance GI pistols but does anyone here have first hand experience with them. (Not the 10-20 year ago guns but the new black oxide ones).
It seems that the price is right for a blaster pistol with modern heat treated parts.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and havent shot it yet. It sure fits the bill of a G.I. looking 1911. My trigger seems heavy, but time will tell.  I need to get out and shoot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quality of fit and parts finish ok to you?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. The only part I dont like is the trigger. It needs a solid short trigger. I paid around $435.00
I have five 1911s
Full size RIA Tactical no rail
Compact RIA
Kimber Custom II
Colt Series 70 Gov.

The Auto Ordnance looks like a new military issue 1911. Its made in the U.S.   Colts always felt better to me. The slides seemed thinner, it feels like that not the RIA type.
My Rock Islands are more blocky.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#4]
The only real complaint I have about them is they use the Series 80 firing pin safety system.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
So I got one. Found the fit very good and finish smooth and uniform black. Put GI grips and a NOS chrome GI barrel in it.  Took the series 80 stuff out. No special fitting required.
100 rds with perfect function.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased one about a year ago. Fit and finish are fine, it is a well built pistol. I have about a thousand rounds through mine with a variety of ammo and mags. Two failures to eject with Winchester white box ball that didn't quite clear the ejection port. I do carry this pistol so I added Colt Series 70 sights, a C&S aluminum trigger and swapped the grips.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The Kahr Arms made AO 1911 pistols have gotten pretty good reviews from what I have seen so far...

YT Video
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top