Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 3/12/2021 10:32:51 AM EDT
Co-worker has an original Detonics Combat Master (manufactured in Seattle), but he's had an issue it.  

He only has two magazines and both magazines drop after 3-4 four rounds fired.  I haven't seen him shoot it, but recommended someone else shoot it to see if maybe he's hitting the magazine release.  I also thought maybe the release spring may be weak, but he said it's stiff and has solid tension.  He was thinking about tweaking the magazine cutout, but I recommended he get to a gunsmith first.  He's looking for a good gunsmith in the area and I may have a few leads for him.  

Anybody hear of this type of issue that "isn't" operated induced?  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like it uses a standard 1911 magazine catch. My first step would be to replace the magazine catch assembly (mag catch, mag catch lock, and mag catch lock spring and see if that clears it up without dinking with the magazines.

If that works, you can add / subtract parts to determine which was actually the culprit (weak or modified mag catch spring, damaged magazine catch etc.)
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that was my initial advice after telling him to have someone what him shooting and see if he somehow hits the magazine release (I've seen that happen before).

Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top