Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2015 1:56:37 PM EDT
I traded a Taurus pt709 for one today. What can you guys tell me about it?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 2:40:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inimicalone] [#1]
I was trying to upload a picture, but I suck at the interwebs. It came complete with holster, two mags and the cleaning tool. It is marked Arsenal on safety side of slide. Import mark is opposite,
it reads Sentinel Arms  Detroit, Mi. The grips are pearce rubber, would it have had bakelite originally? Also how common are these black holsters?

Edited for spelling,

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Inimicalone:
I was trying to upload a picture, but I suck at the interwebs. It came complete with holster, two mags and the cleaning tool. It is marked Arsenal on safety side of slide. Import mark is opposite,
it reads Sentinel Arms  Detroit, Mi. The grips are pearce rubber, would it have had bakelite originally? Also how common are these black holsters?

Edited for spelling,

View Quote

you won...mightily
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I already have A Russian double stack mak, so I knew it was a better gun than the 709.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:37:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov] [#4]
If it reads "Arsenal" on the side then it is likely a commercial import. Is it 9x18Mak or .380?

Sentinel imported them between 1994 and 1996

It probably originally sported black plastic grips with a thumbrest (for import points).Surplus Bakelite grips should fit it just fine.

The holster may be cold war issue or post-communism production. Either way the holster is worth $5 to $15.

It will be a good shooter
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:12:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inimicalone] [#5]
Thanks for the info Makarov, I intend to shoot it plenty! I do love me some trashcan guns!

ETA: It is chambered in 9x18.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:41:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: porkchop8u] [#6]
I have one and love it too. In fact if there was no such thing as a glock i'd probably carry one every day. The simplicity of it is amazing
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
As was already said, it very likely didn't come with the bakelite grips.  None of the commercial Arsenal maks did, as far as I know, so "correct" grips for it would be the black, target grips.

Is it a blued one or a parkerized one?  There was a parkerized one down here still in the box that I should have bought when I saw it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
It's the blued model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top