Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Originally Posted By PFran42:
If they would just take the current Deltan and:

1. Add optics cut

2. Add real slide serrations

3. Re-work the back straps (round them)

4. Compatibility with GLOCK night sights

They would have a G19 "killer". The Delta is the PERFECT size.

FIFY

My take:

1. Don't use optics, but see how it would be a great asset.

2. I like these serrations.

3. I have sandpaper, and I'm not afraid to use it. Offering them with the extra material covers both bases; it's easy to remove.

4. Hell yeah.

I ended up putting the small backstrap on, and slightly rounding just the right side that hits my right palm. That left the harder angle on the left for my support hand to engage. Works great, locks in hard.
Front fiberoptic sight for XDM installed; not the best choice but works with Loctite. A sight with wider wings would have been superior; but I didn't know what height SIG sight to use.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:01:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#3]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
(snip)
2. I like these serrations.
(snip)
I ended up putting the small backstrap on, and slightly rounding just the right side that hits my right palm. That left the harder angle on the left for my support hand to engage. Works great, locks in hard.
(snip)
View Quote

Serrations - I couldn't disagree more. Spray a little Ballistol on the slide and try to manipulate. Now think about how easy it would be to rack the slide under stress with bloody hands. The only halfway decent portion of the serrations is at the point of the forward facing triangles. Miss the sweet spot on the slide and things get iffy.

Backstrap - That is exactly what I did. On the small backstrap, I used a rough knife sharpening stone on the hard angle that meets my strong side palm. The gun feels 10X better after doing this simple mod.

Ownership update:

I have dry fired the gun a couple thousand more times and put another 200 rounds through it. If you have a bunch of your pistols out for cleaning and are function checking them, the Delta trigger takeup feels way too heavy. As soon as you are firing a well broken in Delta at the range, you quickly forget about this "negative" as the break and reset are amazing. IMHO, this is about as close to a perfect DUTY trigger as you are going to find. For DUTY/HD/SHTF, I like this trigger more than my PPQ, P-10C, VP9, and TP9SF (all of which are generally known to have great triggers).
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]

I have dry fired the gun a couple thousand more times and put another 200 rounds through it. If you have a bunch of your pistols out for cleaning and are function checking them, the Delta trigger takeup feels way too heavy. As soon as you are firing a well broken in Delta at the range, you quickly forget about this "negative" as the break and reset are amazing. IMHO, this is about as close to a perfect DUTY trigger as you are going to find. For DUTY/HD/SHTF, I like this trigger more than my PPQ, P-10C, VP9, and TP9SF (all of which are generally known to have great triggers).
View Quote

I am amazed how well the trigger cleaned up. New, that draggy, plastic-on-plastic take-up was just gross. The break was a little off, like there was a burr or a double edge.
Both cleaned up great. Now the gun's trigger is better than either of my TP9s.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
@PFran42

Great work!  If you get a chance, could you post a pic of the result of your backstrap post-sanding?

Thanks.

Backstrap - That is exactly what I did. On the small backstrap, I used a rough knife sharpening stone on the hard angle that meets my strong side palm. The gun feels 10X better after doing this simple mod.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 3:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#6]
Originally Posted By kes7u:
@PFran42

Great work!  If you get a chance, could you post a pic of the result of your backstrap post-sanding?

Thanks.

View Quote

@kes7u

I don't have access to the pistol today. That said, this mod is stupid simple.

- Grip pistol as firmly as you would when firing.
- Identify pressure points/angles
- File hard edges

When you are finished, you can't even tell you did anything with the naked eye.

Example (not my pistol):

Unedited pic for reference:
Attachment Attached File

Orange line identifies the hard angle that was uncomfortable:
Attachment Attached File

Use file or rough sharpening stone and remove offending hard angle:

Attachment Attached File

If you pay attention to what you are doing, you will make ZERO modification to the actual pistol frame. 100% of the work will be done to one backstrap.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
@PFran42

My wife was shooting the Arex today and having the same issue.  I wasn't entirely sure which edge was causing the pain, but you confirmed my suspicion as to the one on the backstrap.

Going to give it a try shorty.   If I mess it up, at least its only a backstrap!

Thanks for posting.

@kes7u

I don't have access to the pistol today. That said, this mod is stupid simple.

- Grip pistol as firmly as you would when firing.
- Identify pressure points/angles
- File hard edges

When you are finished, you can't even tell you did anything with the naked eye.

Example (not my pistol):

Unedited pic for reference:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/2020-11-26_14-02-55-a_png-1702793.JPG

Orange line identifies the hard angle that was uncomfortable:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/2020-11-26_14-02-55-b_png-1702796.JPG

Use file or rough sharpening stone and remove offending hard angle:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/2020-11-26_14-02-55-c_png-1702797.JPG

If you pay attention to what you are doing, you will make ZERO modification to the actual pistol frame. 100% of the work will be done to one backstrap.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Rainier Cyber TUESDAY sale Arex Delta pistols $369.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Rainier Cyber TUESDAY sale Arex Delta pistols $369.
View Quote

I I didn't already have one, or that was the unicorn safety model, I would have to fo.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:00:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Space-Cadet] [#10]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/E11D870B-DBE6-45BF-BCA1-BDE56B71D087_jpe-1697776.JPG

Better pic.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/893EF65B-7DA5-49FB-8FF1-A7626F262B15_jpe-1697777.JPG

Looks like the slide and barrel are longer. Wish they would have kept it the same as the original.
View Quote

@PFran42

If you look on Global Ordnance's instagram, they're showing off the three (I guess six since there's optics ready and non optics ready versions) -- Glock 17 size (Delta L), Glock 19 size (Delta M), and Glock 19x size (Delta X). Also the different colorways.

https://instagram.com/global_ordnance?igshid=11id32b7ozxfh
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Collect the entire set! Trade with friends!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:17:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#12]
Rainier Arms current price (sale) is $369 and change. "Free ground shipping" but not sure if this applies to serialized purchases (likely not). RA also collects sales tax.

Still a good price given the current prices on a lot of 1st tier handguns.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Got bored and started chasing metal-to-metal contact.

Say hello to grip modules???

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Parts appear to be mostly CNC'd. High quality work. I wonder if an ex CZ employee jumped ship? I like the pistol even more after having seen/handled the guts. Now I just need to figure out how far I can further break it down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Got bored and started chasing metal-to-metal contact.

Say hello to grip modules???

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201214_015324411_jpg-1729949.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201214_021017523_jpg-1729950.JPG

Parts appear to be mostly CNC'd. High quality work. I wonder if an ex CZ employee jumped ship? I like the pistol even more after having seen/handled the guts. Now I just need to figure out how far I can further break it down.
View Quote

You can buy an FDE grip module from Polenar Tactical.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Did you see their stippled grip? Looks like they took care of all the hard edges.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone figure out how to get the sear housing module taken apart?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Also...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

$50 shipped. We'll see if it ever arrives.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Rainier Arms current price (sale) is $269 and change. "Free ground shipping" but not sure if this applies to serialized purchases (likely not). RA also collects sales tax.

Still a good price given the current prices on a lot of 1st tier handguns.
View Quote

It's showing $369 for me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Space-Cadet:

View Quote

Sorry for the typo.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:36:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Sorry for the typo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sorry for the typo.

Ah, just making sure I didn't miss a sale.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:00:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone tried one of these in a Safariland ALS holster for a Glock?
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Took out a new Arex Delta pistol today. 120 rounds without a single problem. I enjoyed shooting this one. Thumbs up so far.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Thread bump cause... Delta!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Great shot!  That light seems to fit the Delta perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:16:02 AM EDT
[#25]
http://www.arex.si/delta-gen-2

Here's Arex's site with all the details on the Gen 2
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:20:33 AM EDT
[#26]
http://www.arex.si/delta-gen-2

Here's Arex's site with all the details on the Gen 2
View Quote

Looks like a considerable refinement.  The grip seems more rounded with a finer texture, and the optic cut is something that's attractive too.  If it comes in under $500, I'm a buyer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:43:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCopp] [#27]
Man, they gave up on Gen 1 mighty fast...maybe they should've taken some input BEFORE shipping the first model
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:52:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#28]
Originally Posted By DCopp:
Man, they gave up on Gen 1 mighty fast...maybe they should've taken some input BEFORE shipping the first model
View Quote

The gen 1 has been out for a few years in Europe. The press release junket for the North America release was in 2018.

Now they need to hurry up and release Gen 2.1 with better slide serrations.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#29]
The backstrap LOOKS more rounded than gen 1, but can't see a great pic.

If so, I wonder if it is compatible with gen 1?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:07:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#30]
Originally Posted By kes7u:
The backstrap LOOKS more rounded than gen 1, but can't see a great pic.

If so, I wonder if it is compatible with gen 1?
View Quote

The trigger assembly is the serialized "gun" so you can swap it into other frame modules. There are a few already available OCONUS. I'm betting you could buy a new "softer" grip module and swap your gen 1 guts into it.

Located in Europe but it is not a gun and they will ship to you:
https://www.arex-store.si/product-page/arex-delta-od-frame

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice to see more low cost options, even more so in Pandemic 2020.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#32]

The trigger assembly is the serialized "gun" so you can swap it into other frame modules. There are a few already available OCONUS. I'm betting you could buy a new "softer" grip module and swap your gen 1 guts into it.

Located in Europe but it is not a gun and they will ship to you:
https://www.arex-store.si/product-page/arex-delta-od-frame

View Quote

The L with optic cut is awfully close to being a Masada.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#33]

The gen 1 has been out for a few years in Europe. The press release junket for the North America release was in 2018.

Now they need to hurry up and release Gen 2.1 with better slide serrations.
View Quote

Yeah I told them a few changes I’d like to see when they flew me over: trigger, grip frame and that it should have been optics ready

Still want to see a threaded bbl
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:33:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#34]
Originally Posted By MikeSearson:

Yeah I told them a few changes I’d like to see when they flew me over: trigger, grip frame and that it should have been optics ready

Still want to see a threaded bbl
View Quote

You need to give that trigger a chance. If you are using the Delta for CCW or HD, it is PERFECT. You have to use it with purpose. 100% smooth 6lb. pull to a solid wall, crisp break, very short audible and tactile reset where there is a good amount of force used to push your trigger finger towards reset.

Take the rear assembly out of the Delta. Fiddle with it for a few minutes to see how it works and what exactly is touching what. Then take a Dremel and some Flitz and give all of the spots you identified a quick polish. Make sure to take down the ejector side plate (see pic) so that you can get all of the little bits behind it. You get the "wall" and disconnector smoothed up and the Delta's trigger is fantastic!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#35]

You need to give that trigger a chance. If you are using the Delta for CCW or HD, it is PERFECT. You have to use it with purpose. 100% smooth 6lb. pull to a solid wall, crisp break, very short audible and tactile reset where there is a good amount of force used to push your trigger finger towards reset.

Take the rear assembly out of the Delta. Fiddle with it for a few minutes to see how it works and what exactly is touching what. Then take a Dremel and some Flitz and give all of the spots you identified a quick polish. Make sure to take down the ejector side plate (see pic) so that you can get all of the little bits behind it. You get the "wall" and disconnector smoothed up and the Delta's trigger is fantastic!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Q_RANGER_0000000_2_28_55_PM_png-1755228.JPG
View Quote

Ok

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#36]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Q_RANGER_0000000_2_28_55_PM_png-1755228.JPG
View Quote

Mine broke in after a couple hundred dry fire cycles; very different than how it came in the box. I looked (briefly) at the slide and couldn't figure out how it came apart, just left it be.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Is anyone making a printed adapter to use the Delta with CZ P09/07 series mags? That would be pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Mine broke in after a couple hundred dry fire cycles; very different than how it came in the box. I looked (briefly) at the slide and couldn't figure out how it came apart, just left it be.
View Quote

You have to use a skinny punch to depress the detent on the ejector side plate then Jenga it out of the rear trigger assembly by sliding the ejector side plate forward. It sort of slides forward then pops off. After that, it is simple to manipulate the parts and see what rubs what. I'm telling you... You poke around in there with some polish and a Dremel and the Delta will become your favorite pistol!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#39]

You have to use a skinny punch to depress the detent on the ejector side plate then Jenga it out of the rear trigger assembly by sliding the ejector side plate forward. It sort of slides forward then pops off. After that, it is simple to manipulate the parts and see what rubs what. I'm telling you... You poke around in there with some polish and a Dremel and the Delta will become your favorite pistol!
View Quote

Get a worn emery board from your daughter (worked for me) and slightly tough up the sear, too.  Just polish.
I put fiber sights on mine, too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:23:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#40]
Check out #3.

The Top 5 Guns Of 2020

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Check out #3.

View Quote

Well I guess I'll never find one for under $400 now.  David
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:

Well I guess I'll never find one for under $400 now.  David
View Quote

In stock, $370.
Delta
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Gen 2's are now becoming available!

I've seen two stores with all three colors available in the Optics-Ready "L" model (Full-size).

I'm waiting on the "M" and the "X".

I'll also be interested to see if the backstraps and mags are interchangeable with Gen 1.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:37:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#44]
Rainier now has the Gen 2 Optic-Ready model in stock. $485 + tax and shipping.

Comes with two 17-rd extended baseplate magazines.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Rainier now has the Gen 2 Optic-Ready model in stock. $485 + tax and shipping.

Comes with two 17-rd extended baseplate magazines.

View Quote

DK Firearms has them too, same price. Free shipping.
I'm not sure it's different enough that I need to jump on it right now.  I wonder how they look with P-09 mags in them.

If nothing terrible happens I will buy an L model, but later this summer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ark_lite:

I'll also be interested to see if the backstraps and mags are interchangeable with Gen 1.
View Quote

If they are I would like a small. The backstraps are the worst part of the Gen 1 guns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:22:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#47]

DK Firearms has them too, same price. Free shipping.
I'm not sure it's different enough that I need to jump on it right now.  I wonder how they look with P-09 mags in them.

If nothing terrible happens I will buy an L model, but later this summer.
View Quote

I suspect that by summer you may be too late. In fact you may be too late less than 36 hours from now. The easiest place for the incoming regime to hit us with EO's is imports.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:32:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#48]

I suspect that by summer you may be too late. In fact you may be too late less than 36 hours from now.
View Quote

I have plenty of guns, this would just be for funsies.

ETA: Both are sold out anyway. Too late.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Gen 2 "M" models are now available, both OR and standard. Just ordered a FDE one from DKFirearms.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:33:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#50]
Looking for a holster for your Gen 1 that won't break the bank?

Check out Phalanx Defense Systems "Stealth Operator" holster in the COMPACT version (IWB/OWB/OWB-CLIP/OWB-Coyote Brown).

I am generally very leery of "universal fit" holsters but the Delta (Gen1) fits the above holster like a glove.

Retention/draw/fit is outstanding. Material is thermo-injected nylon. IWB clips are spring steel

Price is $35

Unfortunately the Delta Gen 1 will not fit their "Full Size" holster. I tried.

They also offer a universal-fit double mag carrier (RH only) it'll fit a variety of double stack mags but as of yet not known if the Delta mags fit (Glock mags do).
https://phalanxsystems.com/

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top