Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2023 1:59:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater]
Figures is ask since I'm considering getting one of these as a representative of a HiPower in my collection. I know their Beretta 92 clone locking block and frame are just different enough not to be compatible with Berettas.

Update
Went to go pick up a transfer at lunch and saw they had a MCP-35 on sale.  That damn transfer cost me $400!  It's the tan painted version and not the black like I wanted originally, but hey I got to check off two bucket list guns. A CZ-75 and a HiPower

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Gunsmith told me they are to spec with the original parts so parts are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Pm sent.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Try the trigger before you buy and compare it to the SA-35.

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a 100% clone. Remove the mag trigger disconnect for a better trigger feel.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:32:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:  Figures is ask since I'm considering getting one of these as a representative of a HiPower in my collection. I know their Beretta 92 clone locking block and frame are just different enough not to be compatible with Berettas.
View Quote

I thought the Girsan wasn't compatible w/ the latest Beretta locking block, but was w/ earlier ones?  The Taurus PT92 takes Beretta locking blocks, no?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:

I thought the Girsan wasn't compatible w/ the latest Beretta locking block, but was w/ earlier ones?  The Taurus PT92 takes Beretta locking blocks, no?
View Quote
I don't know about the Girsan or the newer PT92 but my old early 1990s PT92 accepted a Beretta locking block perfectly.  Runs great, too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Bought one...would have preferred black or two tone but the FDE I can live with
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#8]
So what is the consensus on these?  Good to go and close to original close enough like Hungarian??

Sitting on the fence to get one - So many inexpensive pistols out there hard to get just one and need to make a list of priority of purchases : )
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
So what is the consensus on these?  Good to go and close to original close enough like Hungarian??

Sitting on the fence to get one - So many inexpensive pistols out there hard to get just one and need to make a list of priority of purchases : )
View Quote
@cherenkov watch the BHPspringsolutions YT playlist on them. Keep in mind he sells BHP specific products so he's going to highlight the deficiencies and "his solutions" to them. He does do a thorough analysis of them though just understand the slant.

100% mine was an impulse purchase. Didn't expect to buy one that day.  The shop I got it from was blowing them out because they weren't moving compared to the rest of their inventory.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
@cherenkov watch the BHPspringsolutions YT playlist on them. Keep in mind he sells BHP specific products so he's going to highlight the deficiencies and "his solutions" to them. He does do a thorough analysis of them though just understand the slant.

100% mine was an impulse purchase. Didn't expect to buy one that day.  The shop I got it from was blowing them out because they weren't moving compared to the rest of their inventory.
View Quote

Thank you for the information - very informative videos.  Seems like a decent deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's why FN dropped it in the first place...
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:52:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#12]

That's why FN dropped it in the first place...
View Quote
Here I'm gonna go with
A. A shop that's packed to the gills and organization is an after thought.  I had seen them in the case with rare/old/collectibles like vintage S&Ws, vintage 1911s, etc.  It was out of place. When I found this, it was 9-10' up above that case on a board with a bunch of other "clearance" guns. Caniks were all up there too

B. Price on the tag for everything is too high, the owner flat out says ask what he can do before pulling out the card/cash....but suckers who don't know this pay full price.

C. Their clientele generally want a Glock fo-tay or video game inspired guns. Their old/unique stuff sits forever. They move a ton of modern guns though.

Its a "pawnshop" that does 95% guns.  Interesting place to mill about.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Here I'm gonna go with
A. A shop that's packed to the gills and organization is an after thought.  I had seen them in the case with rare/old/collectibles like vintage S&Ws, vintage 1911s, etc.  It was out of place. When I found this, it was 9-10' up above that case on a board with a bunch of other "clearance" guns. Caniks were all up there too

B. Price on the tag for everything is too high, the owner flat out says ask what he can do before pulling out the card/cash....but suckers who don't know this pay full price.

C. Their clientele generally want a Glock fo-tay or video game inspired guns. Their old/unique stuff sits forever. They move a ton of modern guns though.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  That's why FN dropped it in the first place...

Here I'm gonna go with

My point was that the HiPower has seen its day and is outclassed by more modern designs from the CZ-75 onward.  Even modern hammer fired guns are based on the CZ or the 1911, not the patents kluge of the HiPower that John Moses Browning (PBUH) made work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:38:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#14]

My point was that the HiPower has seen its day and is outclassed by more modern designs from the CZ-75 onward.  Even modern hammer fired guns are based on the CZ or the 1911, not the patents kluge of the HiPower that John Moses Browning (PBUH) made work.
View Quote

"Patents Kludge" made me laugh and nearly spit out my coffee.  That is perhaps the best (and funniest) description of the High Power's design.  It was Browning/FN trying to run around Browning patents.

Despite its design being obsolete and awkward- love High Powers for some reason and tend to buy them and good clones when I can.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Love mine (tan)
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#16]

"Patents Kludge" made me laugh and nearly spit out my coffee.  That is perhaps the best (and funniest) description of the High Power's design.  It was Browning/FN trying to run around Browning patents.

Despite its design being obsolete and awkward- love High Powers for some reason and tend to buy them and good clones when I can.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  My point was that the HiPower has seen its day and is outclassed by more modern designs from the CZ-75 onward.  Even modern hammer fired guns are based on the CZ or the 1911, not the patents kluge of the HiPower that John Moses Browning (PBUH) made work.

I would love to own one or any decent clone, my late FIL left a couple, one with a stock.  I'm not going to pretend the SA trigger is a better design than perhaps its direct descendant, the CZ-75 - but the CZ-75 doesn't have the historic significance, nor is available in the US w/ a stock w/o a tax stamp attached.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#17]

I would love to own one or any decent clone, my late FIL left a couple, one with a stock.  I'm not going to pretend the SA trigger is a better design than perhaps its direct descendant, the CZ-75 - but the CZ-75 doesn't have the historic significance, nor is available in the US w/ a stock w/o a tax stamp attached.
View Quote
I need to thoroughly clean my CZ-75 clone...but right now I'd agree I think the CZ-75 has the nicer trigger filth, grime, old grease and all.  REALLY not a fan of it's DA trigger though...I think that's the grit and nastiness I'm feeling though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#18]
Pewpewview on YT had the firing pin on his break and stick, then shoot out the back of the gun. He’s lucky it protruded far enough to over ride the next cartridge or it would have grenaded in his face.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Pewpewview on YT had the firing pin on his break and stick, then shoot out the back of the gun. He’s lucky it protruded far enough to over ride the next cartridge or it would have grenaded in his face.
View Quote

Not really.  It could have OOBd, but that's going to send brass out the ejection port, not blow the slide up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#20]

Not really.  It could have OOBd, but that's going to send brass out the ejection port, not blow the slide up.
View Quote

I think you’re grossly under estimating the potential impact of an out of battery detonation. I’ve never heard of an example where it just sent brass out of the ejection port. Often times they total the gun out, and in some cases injure the shooter.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#21]

I think you’re grossly under estimating the potential impact of an out of battery detonation. I’ve never heard of an example where it just sent brass out of the ejection port. Often times they total the gun out, and in some cases injure the shooter.
View All Quotes

In 9x19mm?  It can drop gas down the magwell and injure the shooter that way, but that's generally a bbl obstruction which is much more dangerous.

In an OOB, you may not even get the bullet down the bbl or have complete combustion.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#22]

In 9x19mm?  It can drop gas down the magwell and injure the shooter that way, but that's generally a bbl obstruction which is much more dangerous.

In an OOB, you may not even get the bullet down the bbl or have complete combustion.
View Quote

It all depends on how far in the chamber it is when ignition happens. The further the case is in the chamber, the more of a problem it’s going to create.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#23]

It all depends on how far in the chamber it is when ignition happens. The further the case is in the chamber, the more of a problem it’s going to create.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  In 9x19mm?  It can drop gas down the magwell and injure the shooter that way, but that's generally a bbl obstruction which is much more dangerous.

True - it's still not going to blow up a slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top