Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2018 4:33:22 PM EDT
I owned a PF9 years ago that had peening issues on the slide. It didn't have any malfunctions, but I didn't own it long enough to find out. Being on this board long enough and being able to search online makes it easy to find out that the PF9 has been a host of problems for some and perfect for others.

I decided to give the PF9 another try and won a brand new blued model for $170 shipped, $195 total with transfer fee. I'll be picking it up this Friday and I'm wondering if the usual procedure needs to be done. I'm not sure if these will be needed, but I still have brand new extra parts like extractors with springs and longer tool steel extractor/firing pin retainer bolts that have the exact same head and allen key size as the original. I bought a 25 pack of these from a local fastener company many years ago since the factory bolts seemed to shear and the tiny bit of extra length was not only a good idea, but necessary if you had to double up the extractor spring. I always replaced the frame pins with the ones from the pocket clip set as well which I also have on hand. Is the fluff and buff still the regular procedure when buying a new KT semi-auto?

I've had a P32 for years that's been flawless, but I did the ol' fluff and buff the day I got it. Having owned a few other flawless KT products like the P32, PLR-16, SU-16c, P3AT and two G17 1st gen Sub2000s, I'm hoping it stays that way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.  Sounds like your mind is already made up and purchase executed.  In that same category I went with a Ruger LC9s Pro after owning two different PF9’s.  Much better polymer, metal and trigger.   Double the money, but much better overall pistol.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up the PF9 yesterday and the only thing I can tell they changed was the extractor spring/firing pin bolt. I have a few of the older bolts and it definitely looks like the material is different as is the bit used to tighten it. The trigger on it is incredibly smooth  as well. As I was dry firing it with snap caps it reminded me of the ultra smooth trigger pull in my Beretta 92D. I don't remember the trigger pull on my original PF9, but it sure wasn't this nice.

So with all that I decided to leave it as-is for now except for a cleaning and re-lube before heading to the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top