Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 10:53:36 AM EDT
I bought a G 29 on a whim, and it's freaky accurate. My only complaint is that my pinky hangs under the baseplate. Does the Pearce +2 extension work reliably? I'm mainly buying it for the extra grip length, but the extra pair of rounds is a nice little bonus.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup. I carried them for years on a G27. No issues.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, is the OEM 10 round mag's spring sufficient or is a new one needed?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you carrying it or a range plinker?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be my woods defense gun for hiking. I assume this means new springs are preferred? What is a good brand?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
gtg
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It will be my woods defense gun for hiking. I assume this means new springs are preferred? What is a good brand?
View Quote

It probably wouldn’t be a problem but I’d feel better replacing the spring myself if I added a +2. Have you considered just buying a 15 round G20/40 magazine and finding a filler “sleeve?” It might defeat the purpose of a small 10mm for you though. If you replace the spring I’d probably recommend using the factory G20 15 round spring but hopefully someone with official Glock armorer knowledge can chime in.

ETA: Glock OEM (if possible) or Wolff springs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It probably wouldn’t be a problem but I’d feel better replacing the spring myself if I added a +2. Have you considered just buying a 15 round G20/40 magazine and finding a filler “sleeve?” It might defeat the purpose of a small 10mm for you though. If you replace the spring I’d probably recommend using the factory G20 15 round spring but hopefully someone with official Glock armorer knowledge can chime in.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/412968/7584856C-CF29-4705-9C03-9CD97E069F41_jpe-1781740.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/412968/7584856C-CF29-4705-9C03-9CD97E069F41_jpe-1781740.JPG

I spent 600 dollars on the gun, and another 80 for night sights on the way. I have no problem spending an extra 50 bucks to do it correctly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I spent 600 dollars on the gun, and another 80 for night sights on the way. I have no problem spending an extra 50 bucks to do it correctly.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Something like this would work if you pick up some G20 magazines. Could carry it that way in the woods and keep your 10 round G29 OEM magazines flush fitting if you decide to conceal carry the gun.

Attachment Attached File

Pearce also makes a plain old grip extension for the bottom of G29 magazines if you want the extra control without worrying about changing springs, etc. 11 rounds of 10mm is still no slouch!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not really interested in the sleeves for 15 round magazines. I think these Pearce extensions will give me the perfect sized grip. And I don't intend to conceal carry this gun, I have plenty of pistols for that.

Is a factory G20 mag spring the ideal upgrade for these mag extensions?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
PG extensions on my G26 and G30 pistols been using them for years with 100% success....when I buy mags for these pistols, Brownells gets an order from me for the extensions....in fact I have 5 PG-30's on the way now for some mags I just purchased in the EE

Bronc
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#11]
My grip extensions arrived and are installed. It's a world of difference in how the gun feels in hand. I'll shoot a few rounds this afternoon to make sure they're reliable.

What an improvement. A far better grip on the gun, and turns an excellent 10+1 of 10mm into a truly outstanding 12+1. And it's just about a perfect size for a service pistol, without being as gigantic as the Glock 20.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a fan of their +2 for the same reason you questioned them but their +0 extension makes the gun more comfortable and controllable with minimal bulk gain.  Never had a problem with reliability or when they've been dropped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top