Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/22/2020 1:18:27 PM EDT
Trex arms sidecar. Glock 19 with RMR and X300 light. First wear this morning. Hated it. The left belt clip wouldn’t even get around the belt. Drove to work annoyed and when I arrived I went in the bathroom and messed around with it. I recalled seeing a dude who had his belt turned so that the buckle was near his hip as opposed to dead center like normal, giving the holster a nice flat piece to mount on. Did this and I was infinitely more comfortable. The light chronically pushes against my crotch still. I am currently in the lavatory taking a slash and ended up simply removing the holster as it blocks the pants button. Over all so far I am content with this setup. No light would be much better in terms of comfort. Also the gun is pointed at my weenie.

That is all...
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I use to carry an X300U, I now carry a TLR7-A with high switches and in regards to AIWB comfort there is no comparison. The TLR7-A is better in that regard while still being a formidable light for EDC. X300U is now HD or OWB dedicated.

G45, RMR, TLR7-A, Tenicor Holster is my setup now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
@turbomonkey  Dude.  the kydex codpiece trend needs to be avoided.  If you got the quick ship you can return that shit.  I'd return it & try the Raptor with light, just got one, I like it except I don't like the shitty plastic belt clip.  For aiwb I always rotate my belt to the left one section so its by my hip, makes aiwb much more comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use to carry an X300U, I now carry a TLR7-A with high switches and in regards to AIWB comfort there is no comparison. The TLR7-A is better in that regard while still being a formidable light for EDC. X300U is now HD or OWB dedicated.

G45, RMR, TLR7-A, Tenicor Holster is my setup now.
View Quote

I must say I am annoyed with how quickly things change. I just started being active in the firearm game again and I have dropped almost 2 grand upgrading and replacing stuff. Granted I’ll get some of this money back when I sell my old stuff, but the fact my once coveted x300 is now obsolete due to better options makes me sad.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@turbomonkey  Dude.  the kydex codpiece trend needs to be avoided.  If you got the quick ship you can return that shit.  I'd return it & try the Raptor with light, just got one, I like it except I don't like the shitty plastic belt clip.  For aiwb I always rotate my belt to the left one section so its by my hip, makes aiwb much more comfortable.
View Quote

I got the holster via EE cause I’m a cheap bastard. Is the sidecar in the suck now? Fml....
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I got the holster via EE cause I’m a cheap bastard. Is the sidecar in the suck now? Fml....
View Quote

@turbomonkey  I don't think its in the suck.  I think people realize its not ideal though.  Put it back on the EE; you can probably recoup a good chunk of your costs.  Also regarding the x300, I don't think its obsolete, just less common for aiwb carry these days.  I have no issues carrying my 19 w/300u standing up, its just that sitting with that thing means I gotta get it just right.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve been appendix carrying since maybe 04”, and have tried most of what is out there. The holsters with attached mag carriers never worked at all for me. Too much mass up front and it kills the comfort level when things can’t move independently. Also sucks when you have to take a piss.

I’d return that rig, and look into JM Custom Kydex, Keepers Concealment, Custom Carry Concepts, or Dark Star. These vendors specialize in AIWB. They didn’t just develop a new holster because of a popular trend.

JMCK Wing Claw 2.5

I can carry anything from a P365 to a 5” 1911 all day with no comfort issues whatsoever.

FWIW: AIWB with a weapon mounted light is extremely body dependent. I’ve tried and cannot do it with the increased footprint.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I find an X300 to be a "lot of light" for AIWB.  I can do it, but there are much more comfortable options for TLR-1's and such.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have tried the T1C all in one holsters. I find my Tulster OATH with separate mag carrier to be very very comfortable (G19 w/RMR). Wish I had just bought that first.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#9]
By all means the X300U is not obsolete. In regards to a concealed light bearing pistols carried AIWB, I simply prefer a more compact light where the bezel head does not go past the slide length. The TLR7-A does this and in my opinion does it very well.

I cannot for the life of me do sidecar type holsters. I do carry in a similar fashion with a spare magazine carrier AIWB, but I prefer the holster and carrier to be separate and not one whole piece.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have tried the T1C all in one holsters. I find my Tulster OATH with separate mag carrier to be very very comfortable (G19 w/RMR). Wish I had just bought that first.
View Quote

I’ve seen someone else say this. Let me check it out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Annnd that's why I inside waste band carry at the 3 or 4 oclock. Of course I also don't nessisaily care if it's printing either so there is that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one of the oath holsters on order. The sidecar is going down the road. I just threw it back on so I didn’t have to carry it around in a bag or something and it immediately went back to prodding my right portion of crotch. After about 5 hours I had to take the thing off because my right nut was starting to feel numb. I am not trying to be obscene....
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I carry a g19 with rmr and x300 with TT extendos in either a txc holsters with sidecar or in a tier1 concealed with a sidecar.

Only when driving long distance do I have a problem. Or with a comp and it smashes you right nut by accident.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#14]
The most gun I can carry there is an occasional G43 in a Vanguard II as a back up gun. I don’t know how the fuck people can stand a Glock 17 with RMR, X300U and spare mag stuffed in their crotch.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The most gun I can carry there is an occasional G43 in a Vanguard II as a back up gun. I don’t know how the fuck people can stand a Glock 17 with RMR, X300U and spare mag stuffed in their crotch.
View Quote

It seems like it’s the skinny guys that can pull it off. Not to say you or I or fat.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have one of the oath holsters on order. The sidecar is going down the road. I just threw it back on so I didn’t have to carry it around in a bag or something and it immediately went back to prodding my right portion of crotch. After about 5 hours I had to take the thing off because my right nut was starting to feel numb. I am not trying to be obscene....
View Quote

Report back when you get your Oath. I'll be interested to see how you like it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Report back when you get your Oath. I'll be interested to see how you like it.
View Quote

I will try to do that. Hopefully they get it out quick.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Appendix is very body dependant/individual preference. I just tried my hand at aiwb carry earlier this year, I'm still adjusting to it. I ordered a JM custom Kydex wing aiwb holster at the behest of a trusted friend. It's "ok". It conceals well, is quick to draw, and is somewhat comfortable. I say "somewhat" because for me it's not nearly as comfy as my aliengear cloaktuck 3.0 at 4:00, and I find myself fidgeting/adjusting it more than most others I've tried. It's tolerable for a 8-10 hour day, but I usually skip it for other options unless my days plan/wardrobe dictates it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It seems like it’s the skinny guys that can pull it off. Not to say you or I or fat.
View Quote

I'm 11% body fat with visible abs. It's not the grip digging into my gut like many gripe about, it's the muzzle that bothers me when sitting. Plus, its damn near impossible to take a piss with all that crap in the way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m a huge fan of the Tier One rigs.

First thing first. The X300 is a lot of light but it’s doable for sure.

You need to get a small foam wedge from tier one to stick on the backside of the holster. It pushes the light away from your body.

I haven’t tried the sidecar so I can’t say how it compares. Truth be told I carry a 1911 in the exact same set up and rig from tier one but being single stack makes it a breeze.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Annnd that's why I inside waste band carry at the 3 or 4 oclock. Of course I also don't nessisaily care if it's printing either so there is that.
View Quote

Its also about retention, speed, and a better draw when fighting
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:44:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm 11% body fat with visible abs. It's not the grip digging into my gut like many gripe about, it's the muzzle that bothers me when sitting. Plus, its damn near impossible to take a piss with all that crap in the way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont sag your pants. You dont have to go above the belly button either.

I also hate the one piece rigs. Seperated i carry full size guns. I can comfortably carry 5" 1911s or 4" kframes but 4" and 3" respectively are more comfortable.

5"
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#23]
OP, why do you want to shoot your dick off?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am 6'1" and 230-235lbs and do it all day long. I am not a skinny guy but I am also not fat. I have about 15lbs of spare fuel stored up for SHTF reserves.
Attachment Attached File

It definitely helps not having a gut.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been carrying since '17 and have carried appendix pretty much the entire time. I started off on the T1C Agis for my G19/APLc with all the hype about sidecar-type holsters and I thought I liked it, but then I tried separating the holster and mag carrier and holy crap was it ever more comfortable. I've since upgraded the light to a TLR-7, and I'll be ordering from T1C again, but it'll be a Xiphos V2 and a separate mag carrier this time rather than an all-in-one. So much better imo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dont sag your pants. You dont have to go above the belly button either.

I also hate the one piece rigs. Seperated i carry full size guns. I can comfortably carry 5" 1911s or 4" kframes but 4" and 3" respectively are more comfortable.

5"
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1175861_jpeg-1649459.JPG
View Quote

What are the specs on this again??!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Every time I think about trying appendix carry, I Google "shoots self in groin", and read a few of the stories and wonder how that is happening so often...
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Every time I think about trying appendix carry, I Google "shoots self in groin", and read a few of the stories and wonder how that is happening so often...
View Quote

People are stupid and they don't pay attention. Or they use shit holsters. Or something gets caught in there (like part of their shirt) and they don't realize. Fact of the matter is, if you aren't dumb you won't shoot yourself.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Serious Question: How do you guys who carry those bulky rigs AIWB take a piss in public? I tried one on for a few minutes and it obstructed most of the fly of my pants. Do you take the whole thing out and prop it up on the urinal?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Serious Question: How do you guys who carry those bulky rigs AIWB take a piss in public? I tried one on for a few minutes and it obstructed most of the fly of my pants. Do you take the whole thing out and prop it up on the urinal?
View Quote

I throw the rig up on top of the urinal, and if anyone questions it I ask why they are meat gazing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm 5'7 185 (have a gut), carried @3:30-4:00 for 25 years or so, mostly
a 4" 1911 .45 in good holsters, Milt Sparks, TT Gunleather...
I always figured, no fuck'in way I'm gonna risk blow'n my balls off, well
a couple of years ago my back couldn't take any more, always going to
my chiropractor, I did all the homework I could find on appendix carry,inquired and exchanged emails with Tony at JM Custom Kydex who was VERY helpfully,
I wound up with a  WC 2.0, dcc clips and added a large wedge for a P365.
At first it was uncomfortable and awkward but my back didn't hurt, I committed
to stick it out every day for a month and found that 1/4" adjustment in any
Direction could make a huge difference and found that 1:00 -1;30 is my sweet
Spot and no problems driving, taking a leak etc, a couple of years later, I carry
a 365XL, CZP10c or M&P compact all with red dot's 12-15 hrs a day in a JMCK and haven't been to my chiropractor in a year and a half.
Concealment, weapon control, speed and comfort are all drastically improved,
no way I'm going back to strong side.
YMMV...
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm 5'7 185 (have a gut), carried @3:30-4:00 for 25 years or so, mostly
a 4" 1911 .45 in good holsters, Milt Sparks, TT Gunleather...
I always figured, no fuck'in way I'm gonna risk blow'n my balls off, well
a couple of years ago my back couldn't take any more, always going to
my chiropractor, I did all the homework I could find on appendix carry,inquired and exchanged emails with Tony at JM Custom Kydex who was VERY helpfully,
I wound up with a  WC 2.0, dcc clips and added a large wedge for a P365.
At first it was uncomfortable and awkward but my back didn't hurt, I committed
to stick it out every day for a month and found that 1/4" adjustment in any
Direction could make a huge difference and found that 1:00 -1;30 is my sweet
Spot and no problems driving, taking a leak etc, a couple of years later, I carry
a 365XL, CZP10c or M&P compact all with red dot's 12-15 hrs a day in a JMCK and haven't been to my chiropractor in a year and a half.
Concealment, weapon control, speed and comfort are all drastically improved,
no way I'm going back to strong side.
YMMV...
View Quote

Thanks for that long reply. I will stick with it for a bit and see what I think. Strong side may just be more ideal for my lifestyle. But we shall see.

Does anyone know if I can technically carry the Tolster Oath strong side instead of AIWB?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#33]
One last thing I didn't get to in my long winded reply...
The right belt can make a huge difference, I switched
From a heavy leather belt to a low profile Blue Alpha
web belt, also a significant improvement.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#34]
My AIWB choices are a Glock 34 w/ X300U in a Henry Spark with DCC Mod 4 clips or Glock 17 in a PHLster PRO with DCC Mod 4 clips.

I carry with a Blue Alpha Gear Low Profile EDC Belt.

AIWB Carry is very personal. I carry around 1:30 near my appendix, not centerline like some smaller folks. I've driven thousands of miles while carrying AIWB, including a few 10+ hour drives.

If it's not working, don't give up, you may just need to tweak things.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My AIWB choices are a Glock 34 w/ X300U in a Henry Spark with DCC Mod 4 clips or Glock 17 in a PHLster PRO with DCC Mod 4 clips.

AIWB Carry is very personal. I carry around 1:30 near my appendix, not centerline like some smaller folks. I've driven thousands of miles while carrying AIWB, including a few 10+ hour drives.

View Quote

How do you like the pro vs the floodlight?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How do you like the pro vs the floodlight?
View Quote

They are two entirely different holsters. One is a universal fit light bearing holster and the other is gun specific non-light bearing.

IMO, they are both well made holsters, but I prefer gun specific to minimize bulk. That is why I chose the Henry Spark over the Floodlight. Prior to the Spark I carried with a PHLster Spotlight. They are all well made holsters and Henry makes the PHLster holsters, so there is no doubt about the quality of any of them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They are two entirely different holsters. One is a universal fit light bearing holster and the other is gun specific non-light bearing.

IMO, they are both well made holsters, but I prefer gun specific to minimize bulk. That is why I chose the Henry Spark over the Floodlight. Prior to the Spark I carried with a PHLster Spotlight. They are all well made holsters and Henry makes the PHLster holsters, so there is no doubt about the quality of any of them.
View Quote

The one thing I don't like about the floodlight is I can't get the retention tight enough. I can crank on the screws and pull on the shock cord until I'm blue in the face but it's still not tight enough.

I didn't know Henry made the holsters for phlster.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t undue my belt, or the button on my jeans. Unzip and pull Mr. Happy right through the fly. Gun and spare mag stay right where they are. That’s how a real man rocks a piss. Just be careful not to zip up anything important.

...not sure you can do that with a sidecar type holster.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything sits above your junk. I usually hike my pants up just a little bit, open your fly, pull your stuff out and piss. It’s not rocket science and I don’t even have to take the rig off.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your appendix isn't located above your genitals, so I don't know why people believe your gun would affect your ability to pee.

Carrying AIWB or not, I use the urinal the same way. Unzip my fly and whip it out. People that drop their pants at a urinal are strange.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I must say I am annoyed with how quickly things change. I just started being active in the firearm game again and I have dropped almost 2 grand upgrading and replacing stuff. Granted I’ll get some of this money back when I sell my old stuff, but the fact my once coveted x300 is now obsolete due to better options makes me sad.  
View Quote

I don’t feel the X300 is obsolete as well. Many still carry with this light. I do daily.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don’t feel the X300 is obsolete as well. Many still carry with this light. I do daily.
View Quote

@3one5  The x300u is by no means obsolete, but with some of the new lights out (tlr7a) its more comfortable to carry the smaller light.  I carry my 19 w/x300 in a Trex Raptor that I drilled out to add a ddc monoblock on & cut one of the corners off the belt claw since it dug into my hip everytime I'd carry it.  The g19 w/tlr7a is a JM Custom aiwb holster that is just about perfect.   I personally only up to the x300u if its winter or I know I'll only be out after dark for a while.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

@DAVE_M I don't suppose you know of any coupon codes for Henry Holsters do you?  I had a Phlster Spotlight but didn't like or need the carry everything option nor the extra bulk.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@3one5  The x300u is by no means obsolete, but with some of the new lights out (tlr7a) its more comfortable to carry the smaller light.  I carry my 19 w/x300 in a Trex Raptor that I drilled out to add a ddc monoblock on & cut one of the corners off the belt claw since it dug into my hip everytime I'd carry it.  The g19 w/tlr7a is a JM Custom aiwb holster that is just about perfect.   I personally only up to the x300u if its winter or I know I'll only be out after dark for a while.
View Quote

Roger that.

I carry a X300u on a Zev OZ9 compact with comp so the light is the same length as the barrel / comp.  Works well for me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Went ahead and ordered a Henry Spark.  Currently using a G-Code Incog Shadow Eclipse and have no real issues with it.  But I'd like to have something that covers the comp on my Roland as it's all covered in shooting residue and hanging out by my boys.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Taking a “slash?”
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#47]
I just got my T1C Axis Slim to EDC my Glock 19 w/RMR and TLR-7A.

Super comfortable and super concealed.

People seem to not understand that AIWB is just a modern method to carry handguns.  For over a hundred years people have carried guns stuffed into their pants at their 12 o'clock because that location is easy to access, conceals well, and offers great comfort.  AIWB holsters simply add safety, security, and repeatability to that equation.

And I don't have a six-pack.  More of a keg...  Tactical Keg that is.  Wearing the holster lower improves concealment at the cost of slightly slower draw speed; but practice improves that.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.  Very lean, athletic physique and I have yet to find an appendix carry setup that is remotely comfortable.  I just ordered a PHLster Enigma rig for my 43x, hoping it works for me.  There’s a guy at the gym who is pretty jacked, but only about 5‘7“ tall, he swears by appendix carry.   Not sure what the variables are, but I’m not ready to give up on it
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#49]
A separate AIWB holster with no cant and an AIWB magazine carrier with just a bit of cant is the way to go for me. I couldn't do the sidecar type because of how annoying it felt going to the restroom. With the two separate, you can still go to a stand up and take a piss without issue. AIWB holsters with body contours and camming bars are the way to go for me. Tenicor holsters are fantastic. My go-to. When it comes to light TLR7-A is fantastic. I carry a 48 primarily now and it has a TLR-7 SUB. My X300U is just sitting in the safe now.

for AIWB holsters with body contour built-in, its all about peaks and valleys. The bulge of the body contour fits in the valley in between the peaks of your groin and thigh region on your strong side. For me its right around the 2 O'clock. I have a feeling most may not find their holsters directly at the 12, but off to the sides of 12. Once you find that sweet spot its really comfortable. It sounds like some of you that may be feeling the muzzle more so than anything will also want to adjust for height after finding this sweet spot.

I am 5' 7", 130 lbs, and rather lean and previously carried at the 4 O'clock. Its been quite some time since I carried that way and I no longer have holsters said type of carry. Even for my size, I use to carry a G45 with TLR7-A regularly. Best of luck figuring it out!
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got my Tier 1 axis in for my M17. Love how it conceals but fuck it’s a PITA to sit. I ordered up some foam wedges to aid with comfort and I’m gonna work on adjusting it for comfort. I’ve almost squished a nut on the seat getting out of the car.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top