Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2020 9:44:30 AM EDT
I ordered one from Midway where there isn't a notation that I could see that it does not fit the M18 (manual safety)  Could have sent it back but I'm adventurous.  
Going to give it a dremel work-over, fit it, and try it out paired with a Keres adjustable trigger.  Standard trigger on my M18 is OK but has a football field of pull.  Other than that the M18 is one I am happy I picked up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
All of 30 minutes to cut and install!
Went with this trigger
Keres Pro Adjustable

Cut the Apex bar to match the M18 factory bar.  Not my picture.  Feels like a whole new pistol!  Well worth it!  
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I deleted the safety off mine and installed the apex bar and trigger. There is zero reason to have a manual safety on a modern fighting pistol. It’s just an extra step to get into the fight IMO.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Agree fully but I ordered the Wilson Grip Mod with Safety before I knew it could be removed.  I’ll have to live with it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree fully but I ordered the Wilson Grip Mod with Safety before I knew it could be removed.  I’ll have to live with it.
View Quote

You could always sell it and buy one without.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I deleted the safety off mine and installed the apex bar and trigger. There is zero reason to have a manual safety on a modern fighting pistol. It's just an extra step to get into the fight IMO.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/D8DE10AA-080E-4631-8933-7FDFB4FC7ECC_jpe-1752356.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/D50FE223-9EAE-4DDF-8A58-FCC71D94ABDA_jpe-1752364.JPG
View Quote
Ehhh, the 320, especially with an OK trigger, is basically an SAO pistol with no safety. Don't see anyone willing to remove a 1911 grip safety and thumb safety and carry them around.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ehhh, the 320, especially with an OK trigger, is basically an SAO pistol with no safety. Don't see anyone willing to remove a 1911 grip safety and thumb safety and carry them around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I deleted the safety off mine and installed the apex bar and trigger. There is zero reason to have a manual safety on a modern fighting pistol. It's just an extra step to get into the fight IMO.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/D8DE10AA-080E-4631-8933-7FDFB4FC7ECC_jpe-1752356.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/D50FE223-9EAE-4DDF-8A58-FCC71D94ABDA_jpe-1752364.JPG

Not even in the same ballpark.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not even in the same ballpark.
View Quote
Yeah, they pretty much are. Unlike their marketing materials, it isn't much of a DA striker since the striker is almost 100% cocked and there's no grip safety and no trigger dongle safety.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The P320 is, technically speaking, a single-action striker-fired pistol. The striker is fully cocked when the trigger is at rest and pulling the trigger only performs the single function of releasing the striker. There’s certainly more trigger travel than any hammer-fired SAO pistol like a 1911 and the feel of the trigger pull is nowhere near as nice, but it’s not mechanically incorrect to call the P320 a SAO pistol
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

WIZZO, Never misses an opportunity to shit in a Sig thread.

Happy New Year!

Cp
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone else been able to get a hold of the apex bar for the m18 with safety? Their site does show m18 compatible, but of course oos. I would assume this is a different bar than non safety models as shown above (modified).

Just picked up an m18 and am looking to do some trigger work.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone else been able to get a hold of the apex bar for the m18 with safety? Their site does show m18 compatible, but of course oos. I would assume this is a different bar than non safety models as shown above (modified).

Just picked up an m18 and am looking to do some trigger work.

Thannks
View Quote

No where on the website do I see that's it's compatible
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No where on the website do I see that's it's compatible
View Quote

https://www.apextactical.com/forward-set-trigger-kit-for-sig-p320

Then under “for use in these guns”

For Use In These Guns

For use in the Sig Sauer P320 pistols (with factory safety upgrade), including the X-Series models. However, due to different internal dimensions of the mold, use in the Sub-Compact Grip Module is NOT recommended.

Now featuring our thumb safety compatable trigger bar.

Am I reading it incorrectly? That would be m17/m18?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.apextactical.com/forward-set-trigger-kit-for-sig-p320

Then under “for use in these guns”

For Use In These Guns

For use in the Sig Sauer P320 pistols (with factory safety upgrade), including the X-Series models. However, due to different internal dimensions of the mold, use in the Sub-Compact Grip Module is NOT recommended.

Now featuring our thumb safety compatable trigger bar.

Am I reading it incorrectly? That would be m17/m18?
View Quote

You're reading they right. My bad. . .I was looking at the trigger bar ONLY, not the full Trigger kit. The trigger bar by itself doesn't have that bold line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top