Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2022 3:41:39 PM EDT
Do you have to use the striker block in the kits? I’m mainly looking for a better trigger shoe and am fine with the feel of the standard striker block. I would use the included sear and actuator.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you have to use the striker block in the kits? I'm mainly looking for a better trigger shoe and am fine with the feel of the standard striker block. I would use the included sear and actuator.
View Quote

Not 100% sure, but probably not.
Though every version of the M&P 1.0 and 2.0 I've owned has felt better with with the APEX USB in it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not 100% sure, but probably not.
Though every version of the M&P 1.0 and 2.0 I've owned has felt better with with the APEX USB in it.
View Quote

Swapping the striker block would require me to pull my optic and remove the retaining plate. Too much hassle when my striker block is pretty “polished” from use.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Should be fine.  The Apex striker block does the same job as factory - but the outside/bottom edge is more rounded and polished to help reduce and smooth out the trigger pull.

Sometimes, one some pistols, installation of the Apex striker block can result in the trigger bar not fully raising the Apex striker up out of the way to clear the striker so it can striker the primer hard enough to ignite the primer.  Sometimes there is a timing issue and the trigger bar can be adjusted to compensate for that.

Using the factory striker block should cause any problems if you're happy with the way the trigger pull feels.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve done two swaps, and each time the striker block swap itivuded a significant and noticeable improvement.

I’d recommend doing the swap.  If I could only bake I’ve change, it would be the Apex striker block.  While any sort will polish/wear in over time, the Apex Striker Block has improved geometry that  never going to happen with use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top