BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2021 7:39:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I like them, but I am old school.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always liked them.  Almost impossible to find anymore.  Numrich usually has the Pachmyhr version in stock.  Those tend to be slightly larger than the Tylers.  Ebay is your best bet.

I think the company is still around, being run by the son.  Production and delivery is hit or miss from what I hear.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one on a J Frame. I like it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
T-grips are great. They do fill out the hand and they preserve the original look and let you sport correct grips.

That said, TYLER T-grips, as a company, SUCKS!

Wait times of six to nine months. Seriously. Send off a check and forget about it. If you're lucky, your order might arrive within a year. Or not . . .

Search the web, especially the Smith & Wesson forum, you'll see. There's a reason why Tyler T-grips bring $60-$75 on ebay, when they're listed for less than $30 on the manufacturer's website.

All that said, there's an perfectly good alternative. BK Grips are plastic, but they work just fine and do the job. Once they're on the gun, you won't know the difference. Plus, they don't come in silver. But, the guy actually ships his product quickly with no drama.

Skip Tyler unless you can find them used. Go with BK instead:  https://bkgrips.com/

BK Grip:

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
T-Grips are now going for $90+ on eBay, mainly because of the problems with the company.

I have several of them on J, K, and N frames. If you use the original service grips or Magnas they are a big help. But most shooters these days just get target grips or rubber.

Not obsolete, there's just more options. If you want old-school cool, they're great. I even have one on a 2016-made J frame that gets carried.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have T grips on my 638 and model 66, I love the things but they are hard to find these days.
model 66 with T Grip on the bottom.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I had one, T-grip, a while back and liked the feel but prefer bigger grips. I wound up getting larger wood grips and they felt better for me personally. I thought about getting another T-grip but the prices are becoming insane.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Similar to Bladeswitcher, I went with a BK grip adapter and I'm very happy with it... shipped the day after ordering it and there's two "tabs" on each side so it's very solid.

I know it's an L (not a K) frame but here's my 686+... grips are American Holly (from Texas Grips), which have a similar appearance to bone.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
T-Grips are now going for $90+ on eBay, mainly because of the problems with the company.

I have several of them on J, K, and N frames. If you use the original service grips or Magnas they are a big help. But most shooters these days just get target grips or rubber.

Not obsolete, there's just more options. If you want old-school cool, they're great. I even have one on a 2016-made J frame that gets carried.
View Quote

Yeah, I agree. Tyler T-Grips definitely spruce up the look of your wheelgun into ''Old School is Still Really Cool."

That said, I had to score both mine off of eBay. No way I'm dealing with the ass-clown now running the company now. One's on a Ruger .357 Police Service Six (blue, 2.75" barrel), and the other is on my .41 Mag 4" S&W M58. Talk about Old School cop guns!
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't like them with magnums but they great on .38sAttachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top