Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 7:49:38 AM EDT
Looking for something for my DW Wraith and I’ve had a few people recommend this:
https://precisionholsters.com/products/ultra-appendix-holster.html

Mainly wanting something that can be pulled off and on quickly, say running in the grocery store, I can just grab it from the console and drop it in my pants without much hassle but something better than those cheap flimsy holsters with a single metal clip.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience with them, but tons of experience with JM Custom Kydex...IMO they pretty much own the book on AIWB carry holsters. If you never plan on tucking in around it, then the JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 is what you want...several clip options there, most of which allow for easy/fast on/off.

But...why would you not be wearing it at all/need to throw it on? Just wear it all day...unless your work forbids it or something?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No experience with them, but tons of experience with JM Custom Kydex...IMO they pretty much own the book on AIWB carry holsters. If you never plan on tucking in around it, then the JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 is what you want...several clip options there, most of which allow for easy/fast on/off.

But...why would you not be wearing it at all/need to throw it on? Just wear it all day...unless your work forbids it or something?
View Quote

For the below reason. Heavily frowned upon in the workplace so I carry something discreet and keep the DW secure in my POV until I get out of the gate. I may look at those, I have a JM for my Langdon LTT but wasn’t overly impressed with fit/retention compared to others I’ve used.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Fair enough...I have an older JMCK Wing AIWB holster for my Colt Combat Unit and I haven't had any issues with it, especially with regards to retention, etc...I only wish I had though a bit ahead and gotten it with loops or something, and not with the single big belt clip. The holster's undergone a few revisions at JMCK since then, now they're at the 2 and 2.5, and I prefer the 2/2.5 over the earlier versions...

But, I didn't really look at getting an AIWB holster that was easy to put on/take off. Mag carriers, yeah...holsters, I just went with pull-the-dots ever since. Easy/fast enough to take off, I guess?

The big single clip is really easy to slip on/off...too easy; a couple of times I caught the clip just barely holding onto my belt. I doubt the holster would have come out with the gun, but...there's always that "but".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top