Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2019 10:18:05 PM EDT
Gotta admit, I’m kinda excited about this one. 16 round mags, striker fired, full sized 22lr handgun. Yes please, my dealer has 2 coming as soon as the distributor get them and one is mine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Want!
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No more Taurus products for me after my last bout with their customer service.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the idea and will buy if reviews are favorable.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Taurus’ Instagram shows that they are shipping now. Interested to see some reviews before I buy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I might give one a go.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Just to throw it out there. Love my PPQ22. Full frame, just a tad smaller that the centerfire counterparts.

Comes with a 12rd mag, and with this inexpensive mod you get 15rds. I use one, works nicely.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to try it.  Looks like a winner if they can get it to work with the mags.
Or with Taurus; if they can get it to work consistently at all.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Sub'd for mucho interesante!

FWIW, I like the looks of it. I shoot rimfire 99% of the time I shoot and it'd be nice to change it up from the ol 10/22 and 22/45.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr2zDeSSoaY
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr2zDeSSoaY
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I held one today at my LGS.. damn thing is super lightweight!  feels great in my hand... fit and size wise... but because of the light weight it felt kinda "cheap"  @ $349...I'll let it stew a bit and maybe pick one up down the road.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Curious about this gun too. Following this post. My LGS should have one next week. Hope to at least hold it before it gets sold
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#13]
It looks very interesting to me, but I really wish it was optics ready. I’m liking the red dot these days, due to aging eyes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Taurus plastic rear sight like on some of the newer 9mm’s or steel parts in the rear?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]
After a goodly wait on the CS phone whose wait messages suggested using the chat system instead, I let the iPad do the phone while waiting for a chatter and both eventually answered.

Both advised the front and rear sights are a plastic polymer composite.

The phone person and the chatter were both helpful and nice.

Edit:  Realized the TX22 rear sight is like/same as the plastic creation that was in a PT-111 G2 I bought in late 2017.  Adjusted oddly and would never have held up to use. Sold before LakeLine front and rear fiber optic set got delivered.

I am thinking this TX22 is a pass even though neat size and features.  I like the mag’s capacity, size of gun duty size over all, and the claim of a decent trigger rather than the idiot system in the PT-111 G2.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Contacted Taurus and trying to see if they'll let me T&E one for TTAG.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFRLa9klkjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7JsYg-umO8

more good reviews
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m getting more and more interested. I understand Lakeline LLC has a mini red dot mounting plate that replaces the rear sight.   I may just have to get a TX 22.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Looked at half a dozen .22s the other day.  Looked at a TX22 in the batch.
-perfect size and a good feel and look of a full size 9mm. Really well done.  Controls perfect.
-perfect adult ergonomics
-plastic sights.
-super good good good trigger as advertises using snap cap.  Moved to firm.  SA break in 4# area.

Reviews online most common malf was skipping feeding round in mag and dropping hammer on empty chamber.  Usual mechanical cause, slide faster than magazine.  Checked out TX22 mags.
-magazines for crap plastic.
-nasty stiff spring and yet didn’t want to rise easily/smoothly
-crunches and catches on follower travel
-clearly harbinger of feed problems to come.

Mags plus one year warranty advised me to not yet trust the untrustable.  Spend more.

Did:

https://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/213317/43918/ruger-mark-iv-2245-lite-22lr-diamond-gray-with-threaded-barrel

43918 new version/color not even on Ruger web site that I could find.  Vendor had a bunch made up.  Color only difference within 22/45 Lite line.  Like 43917, but threaded.

Took off right side safety and rail as only want iron sights.

I do not expect to outlive a new Ruger.  Or have to use the warranty.

[Edit:  video in next post mentions magazine stiffness regarding loading, one skipped feed, and a real headache:  bottomed out rear sight 2” high at 40’.]

https://youtu.be/SEYPwpy779w
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Another positive review of the Taurus TX 22, this time from 22 Plinkster

https://youtu.be/SEYPwpy779w
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#21]
With so many good reviews out there, I just called my local gun store and ordered one.  (I know I can order online and have it shipped to an FFL, but I figured I would order through the local mom and pop place and give them some business)

May be a little bit before they get it in, but I will report back when I have it in my hands and get a chance to take it to the range.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Went to the local fun store and picked one up. Impressions so far - it feels very good in the hand and the grip texturing is very nice. 16 round magazines are a plus.

A couple of annoyances - they didn't include a wrench for the barrel thread protector and put the wrench flats on the shoulder of the thread adapter so it's a different size than the barrel thread protector (but not a big deal since the barrel thread protector will never be put back on) and they didn't include a 1/2x28 thread protector for the adapter.

The trigger feels nice - hope to put a few rounds through her soon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#23]
My Taurus OSS has been at their service center for a year, fuck those guys
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a TX22 that I have been running both with and without a suppressor and I must say I’m thoroughly impressed...and let me say I hate freaking TaurASS but they nailed this one. Trigger is damn nice, grip feels awsome, love the 16 round magazines and it has been perfectly reliable with all but one type of ammo and I have run about 8 types of ammo most of which have been suppressor loads.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#25]
My first Taurus, love it. Got my Fastfire 3 mounted

Buying another
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Once someone confirms that LAKELINE'S steel sights (tritium or FO front) work with this gun, I'll buy one.
I'm worried the sights for the other Taurus' will shoot too high or too low with a TX22.

Reviews so far are really good, and I hope TAYLOR TACTICAL comes along with new springs and baseplates that add another round or two (though it seems like Taurus might have used all the space in the mag). I like their springs that fill the whole mag versus the little coil spring that just goes up the front of some mags.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Just shot one...a lot! Flawless. Great gun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#28]
$279.99 w/free shipping this weekend from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally got to the range with the TX22 today.  I only ran about 100 rounds through it, about half of that was Remington Thunderbolt and half was Federal Auto Match that comes in the 325rd bulk package.

I shot about half suppressed and the other half unsuppressed. No failures to feed or fire with either of these ammo choices.

I loaded one mag of Gemtec subsonic, and the first round didn’t feed. I ejected that round and the next round fired, then another failed to feed. I quickly concluded the TX22 did not like this ammo at all.

I’ve used the Gemtech ammo successfully in other platforms, but I will stick to other brands in the TX22.

Accuracy was quite good. My rounds were hitting dead on for elevation, and about an inch left for windage. I did not try to adjust the rear sight, even though it is adjustable. Maybe next time when I have more time at the range I will get it dialed-in.

My buddy shot it too and he really liked how light it is and it was his first time shooting with a suppressor, which he greatly enjoyed.

All in all I am very happy with the TX22.  I think Taurus has another winner on their hands (the other winner is the PT-111 G2 9mm, now known as the G2C).  It’s nice to see a company who has had a spotty reputation for quality introduce new pistol designs that truly hit the mark.  Nicely done, Taurus!
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I like it, and I will probably buy one for fun
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like it, and I will probably buy one for fun
View Quote
Fo'd on the deal posted above.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m really disappointed that the GEMTECH didn’t work.
I think it’s made by CCI and is insanely good ammo.  If it won’t feed that or has any issues with CCI standard and Minimag,
I could t buy one.  I have like 3K gemtech and 5K CCI regular.

Maybe try to bang the mags on the back to set all the rims back or something.  :(
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#33]
How accurate is it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks pretty good so far but with these in my safe I really do not feel the need for another .22 handgun.

Link Posted: 4/20/2019 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Taurus hit it out of the park with the TX22!

I'm almost thru a brick of cheap federal 36gr bulk, ZERO malfunctions. Shoots POA/POI with a slight elevation adjustment. My only complaint,  need a way to load mags faster and more mags
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Gotta say, this is my first Taurus firearm...
I like it. It works well... Flawless? No... But I was feeding it this shenanigans:

... so, I wasn't expecting much. (I won't be using crappy ammo like this again... I already bought a bunch of FMJ copper plated freedom seeds for my next trip to the range with my 9yr old son!)

The thing that _really_ "busted my buttons" was the rear adjustable sights. They are plastic, and have no place on a firearm IMHO. They do _not_ hold adjustment(s), they just "flop" around. I got them zero'd in finally... but I don't like the point of aim needed to hit my target. Hopefully someone will come out with some better sights and fix that issue I'm having tho! (I noticed that Lakeline already has some stuff in the works for this specific platform. )

I _will_ say that (so far) Taurus' customer service was awesome. I bought the gun, went straight to the range and put about 300 rounds through it. Had the issues with the sights (and a handful of failure to feeds - due to crappy ammo I think)... called them up, told'em what happened, and they sent out new sights on the spot. Got'em about a week later. Same plastic sights tho -- so we'll see if they function better than the ones it shipped with. The lady I talked to told me that I _should_ be able to use any aftermarket sights that would fit the G2C model because they share the same sights as the TX22... we'll see.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Good info, thanks!

Looking to buy one in the next few months, hopefully before they sell out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Update to my last post:

Went shooting with it twice since that last post... Used FMJ (copper-plated) and it never had a problem! Taurus also got me the new rear sights in the  mail and I replaced them. They seem to be holding zero much better now... hopefully they stay that way! I was able to take out a [1"x 1"] square at 3 yards with it... all 16 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#39]
So far, so good with mine. My mags will load and function with 16rds.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#40]
You might want to check the few comments in the Taurus forum below...

And the images of two bores including the one that Taurus sent to replace the original first bad one (sent to rws53).

I haven't talked to Taurus yet about the crappy bore in mine that leads badly too.

Forrest
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#41]
I like the idea of them and I'll probably pick one up for myself after they've been out for a while.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I finally purchased one a few weeks ago.

1) Not that accurate, but perfect for my use, (training new shooters, personal fun, plinker gun).

2) Ergonomics are perfect, it melts into your hand. The trigger improves with use and is very good, no need for an aftermarket trigger.

3) I bought Tru Glo tritium pro sights, much better for my eyes. My groups improved dramatically, but it's not designed as a bulls-eye type of pistol either.

4) I had a few feeding issues in the beginning. It seems to have a short break-in period of about 100 rounds. If you smack the backside of the mag in your hand to re-seat the rounds, it works wonderfully. Second time out at the range, it functioned perfectly through 200 rounds.

5) Very low recoil due to aluminum slide. Perfect for new shooters and pro's alike.

I would buy this pistol again, and I might just do that this Christmas.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Update — Took the TX22 back to the range tonight and put 250 rounds through it.  I’m happy to say the Gemtech subsonic functioned perfectly. Not sure why it didn’t feed on the last outing.

I put 50 rounds of each of the following ammo through it tonight.

CCI standard velocity
Gemtech subsonic
American Eagle
Federal Automatch
Remington Thunderbolt

I had one failure to eject on the Federal Automatch. Maybe that round didn’t have enough “oomph”. Everything else fed and fired perfectly.

It was easy to keep baseball-sized groups at ten yards, shooting fairly rapidly.  The trigger is excellent.

I think the sights are ok, but I prefer a thinner front sight for more precision target shooting.  But I may just put a red dot on it, since my eyes are 51 years old.

Really liking this gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Wondering if there’s a diy method to smooth out the bore chatter
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Palmetto has these for $259, after rebate youre in for $209.  I Fo'd, how could you not?!  Ive been waiting for a 22 pistol with more than 10rd capacity for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Palmetto has these for $259, after rebate youre in for $209. I Fo'd, how could you not?!  Ive been waiting for a 22 pistol with more than 10rd capacity for a long time.
View Quote
Is this a trick question?

How could you not spend $209 for a piece of junk...?

Since I already spent more than that, I think that I'll pass on wasting more money...

Forrest
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is this a trick question?

How could you not spend $209 for a piece of junk...?

Since I already spent more than that, I think that I'll pass on wasting more money...

Forrest
View Quote
Tell us where Taurus touched you.

You seem to be the only one that thinks it is junk.  Do you even have a TX22 or have shot one?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Tell us where Taurus touched you.

You seem to be the only one that thinks it is junk.  Do you even have a TX22 or have shot one?
View Quote
As I mentioned above in this thread, you might want to check the comments about the TX22 in the Taurus forum here.

That'll answer your uninformed question...

Have a nice day...

Forrest
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Every new pistol has teething issues.  Like I said, you seem to have an agenda
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Every new pistol has teething issues.  Like I said, you seem to have an agenda
View Quote
Well, we all have our own opinions about people.  I know that I do too...

Forrest
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top