Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2020 5:35:44 PM EDT
As the title said anyone?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Took a couple months for mine back in the fall. Still waiting on the mags they promised. It seems to take nearly a week for them to reply to emails.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, but I only had mine ordered a few weeks ago.  I think Ill call this week about the free mags.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my replacement barrel on Monday this week.  Looked good after a quick cleaning. Ill update if things change after I can actually go shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I received my replacement barrel on 5/2/20.
The good news is that the new barrel has a shiny bore, it still has machine marks and anomalies, but they look like they have been polished?
The bad news is that the chamber is still not concentric to the bore.., as shown in the pictures.
I tried a few angles, but they all show the same thing. Lots of land and groove at the bottom of the throat and very little at the top!
I will shoot it soon to test the accuracy and see about any excess leading of the bore and will post my findings.

Pics

***UPDATE***

Well...., after 400 rounds over the course of a couple hours with 4 different types of ammo, CCI Blazer, Winchester Dynapoint, Federal Classic Standard Velocity and CCI Standard Velocity, I cleaned the barrel after each 100 rounds before I moved on the the next brand of ammo. Once again I have good news, and bad news.
 The good news is that leading did not appear to be an issue with the new barrel. The bad news is that the accuracy is still horrible! I think, in part because of the loosey-goosey fit between the thread adaptor and the slide does not keep the barrel centered in the slide when in full battery. 3" groups at 10 yards is piss poor in my opinion.., and at least one or two FFT every other magazine or so! The standard Velocity rounds shot a little tighter groups as expected.., but not enough to matter overall!
 After the final cleaning, I again compared the bore and throat of the new and old barrels, and the rifling in the throat of the NEW barrel actually appear to be even less concentric than the original barrel, but the bore is much "Smoother" than the old one. There are still quite a few machine marks, chatter and anomalies.., it looks to have been lapped or polished to a degree. ______It's really too bad because the overall design and the trigger are both great..., but if they can't put a decent barrel in it.., the rest doesn't really matter!!_______ I think the only real hope we have.., for those of us that are stuck with these turds (I have two) is that the aftermarket will come up with a well made barrel and a tapered thread adaptor that centers the barrel snugly in the slide! ____Apparently Taurus isn't going to get it right anytime soon!?!?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top