BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2023 2:22:55 PM EDT
Regrets?

Did you have to source screws?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Those pricks have jacked the plate price, so no.

Lots of guys have, you just need the right plate.

They also sent me a new, lower rear blade so it prints to POA, Free.  I guess they aren’t total pricks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I did. No regerts, lol. I used supplied screws and have had no issues.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Those pricks have jacked the plate price, so no.

Lots of guys have, you just need the right plate.

They also sent me a new, lower rear blade so it prints to POA, Free.  I guess they aren’t total pricks.
View Quote

I managed to snag one yesterday from Battle Hawk Armory for $60. Best I found in stock.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dsr4732:
I did. No regerts, lol. I used supplied screws and have had no issues.
View Quote

That was one of my biggest questions. I have a plate and 407k inbound. Didn't know if I needed to be sourcing some screws.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By twpayne75:

I managed to snag one yesterday from Battle Hawk Armory for $60. Best I found in stock.
View Quote

Thanks, just a lousy move by SA doubling the price.

I know it’s 35 pages, but that link had some guys needing to source or shorten some mounting screws, for some optics.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Just an update. Battlehawk was a pooch screw. 4 days after receiving shipping notice and tracking, I got an email saying they were out of stock and my order canceled.  Now the price is $106.

I was able to order one from TheGunDock.com for $45 and it shipped the same day and recieved 3 days later.

Anyway, you do have to trim the screws that came with the 407k. Here is a picture showing how much.

Love how it turned out. Going to give the Loctite a little time to set up before I try it out.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Good update man.  How did you shorten them?   That is probably the optic I’ll end up with, but these irons are money.  Springer gave me a shorter rear blade and it’s dead on now.

1500 rounds in now.  The first 750 kinda sucked.  The last 750 were amazing.

Cleaned it up today, that ceracoat was thicc.

Attachment Attached File

And keep an eye on the grip screws.  Mine got cleaned and locktite today, found one on the ground last trip.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Lol. Your rails look like mine and I haven't fired it yet. I've worked this slide for hours while watching TV or whatever. I even put some metal polish on the rails once and worked it several hundred times. It has made a world of difference. I'm no longer having to stop every 5 minutes and clean the sludge out of it. I wonder how many less problems these would have had if they were done in DLC instead of Cerakote.

On the screws, I used a Dremel with a sanding drum. I left the optic on the plate. I ran it at slow speed, about 10k rpm or so. I put next to no pressure on the screw and just let it glide back and forth keeping the drum off the plate. I got it within a few thousands of flush. Then I removed the optic and put the screws back in. I let them protrude a hair more and took them down again getting close to the plate with out touching it.

Then I reinstalled the optic on the plate and made sure it was flush when tightened. Probably took 5 minutes total.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 1:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#10]
Good fix on the screws.

Yeah I also used a dab of rubbing compound on the rails while working the slide.  Before that, I swear sometimes the slide would just run in slow motion.  Ceracoat sounds cool but I hate it now.

There’s a place in Utah that does something called black ice coating, but I have no experience with it.
Springer should have done anything but ceracoat.

Some of the guys I shoot with have had mags done here and like it.
http://blackicecoatings.com/coating/
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#11]
That sounds great, but never heard of it.

No mention of cost on the page you linked.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By twpayne75:
That sounds great, but never heard of it.

No mention of cost on the page you linked.
View Quote

They did mag bodies for 20 bucks.  I’ll see some of those guys at the match next week and see how it’s holding up.

My prodigy is running 100% now, so I’m not messing with a new coating yet.  I’m sure all ceracoat would need stripped to lay down any new coating.  Springer definitely dropped the ball on this one.

I have never see a semi gun go chunk-clunk slow motion like mine did, before I wore that crap down.  Crap factory ammo had me chasing my tail too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top