Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 9:50:32 AM EDT
I carry a 19.5 MOS with RMR 90+% of the time. I carry a 48 the rest of the time when I need something slimmer when wearing a suit.

I had planned on getting a 48 MOS until I realized that it would only work with the Shield optic. Now I'm thinking about having my 48 milled instead.

Anyone done this? Who did you use? Bonus points for pics!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#1]
interested myself...
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Somewhat related. Brownells now has their stripped 48 slides that are precut for the RMRCC.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Picked up my 48 yesterday, had it milled for a 507k. It's cool.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#4]
In for info.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked up my 48 yesterday, had it milled for a 507k. It's cool.

https://i.imgur.com/3BSlt2v.jpg
View Quote

Details, and further pics needed.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#6]
You can get the 43X/48 milled for the RMRCC, but you lose the rear sight in all of the ones I've seen.  There are two options if you want backup irons: have the rear sight milled in front of the RMRCC, or get something proprietary like the ATEI "shim" sight.  I just decided after shooting my 43x MOS with the RMRCC and the CHPWS plate that I could do good enough work close in using a nonworking RMRCC and front sight.  The I'm not trying for 50 yard head shots.  The CHPWS plate makes the whole thing so tall that I doubt you would find a sight high enough that you would want to mount.

Trijicon would do well adding a built in rear like the Holosun 407k/507k, but that in itself presents a problem as there is no adjustment.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]
The MOS adapter plate by CHPWS is very thin and a 507K sits nice in it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Mines at Jagerwerks.. should hopefully have it back in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine is currently at PMM for their RMRcc cut with their IDRS.

I had my 43X done at Maple Leaf Firearms for their 507k cut, quick turnaround, tight/great fit.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can get the 43X/48 milled for the RMRCC, but you lose the rear sight in all of the ones I've seen.  There are two options if you want backup irons: have the rear sight milled in front of the RMRCC, or get something proprietary like the ATEI "shim" sight.  I just decided after shooting my 43x MOS with the RMRCC and the CHPWS plate that I could do good enough work close in using a nonworking RMRCC and front sight.  The I'm not trying for 50 yard head shots.  The CHPWS plate makes the whole thing so tall that I doubt you would find a sight high enough that you would want to mount.

Trijicon would do well adding a built in rear like the Holosun 407k/507k, but that in itself presents a problem as there is no adjustment.
View Quote
There is not enough room for an rmrcc with the sight behind it in the non mos versions.  In the mos version, you can have the sight behind it and have the optic space milled out larger for the rmrcc.  This is because, like other mos models, the rear dovetail is closer to the back on the mos then the non mos.

I went with Parker mountain machine, which places a backup iron on top of the rmr.  More robust then the atei.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#11]
@ajacobs - Can you give us some more pics of how the rear sight installs in the RMRcc?

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#12]
It uses set screws through the RMRcc drain holes.  I am using different screws to attach the optic then PMM supplied as well as a different front sight.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#13]
@ajacobs - thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Details, and further pics needed.

View Quote

Moss firearms in Jasper Ga did the cut for me. Quick turnaround but it helps im only 20 min away.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Our steel 43x/48 plate will be out in a month, we're working on backup sights as companion products as well.  No agency will authorize it without backup sights.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Still weighing options on this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jagerwerks is running a 4th of July sale. $80 optic cuts and $20 nitride refinishing. They can mill your sights to run in front of your optic on the 43x /48
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Jagerwerks is running a 4th of July sale. $80 optic cuts and $20 nitride refinishing. They can mill your sights to run in front of your optic on the 43x /48
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks but I don’t think I want the sights in front of the RMR.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks but I don’t think I want the sights in front of the RMR.
View Quote

With the 43/43x/48 and an RMRcc the only options you have are:
- rear sight in front of the optic
- no rear sight
- have the guy up in NH (I cannot remember his name) do his cut that removes the dovetail and you use the rear sight he supplies that installs in/on the RMR
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

With the 43/43x/48 and an RMRcc the only options you have are:
- rear sight in front of the optic
- no rear sight
- have the guy up in NH (I cannot remember his name) do his cut that removes the dovetail and you use the rear sight he supplies that installs in/on the RMR
View Quote
You can have a rear sight behind the RMRcc if you start with an MOS gun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You can have a rear sight behind the RMRcc if you start with an MOS gun.
View Quote

@ajacobs - please post a link up of someone milling the slide for an RMRcc with the sight behind the RMRcc.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@ajacobs - please post a link up of someone milling the slide for an RMRcc with the sight behind the RMRcc.
View Quote
@EzGoingKev

CHPWS did mine

But there are other options. Just like all MOS guns, the dovetail is farther rearward on the MOS g48 and G43x.  No need to bold, I knew what you were talking about and what I was talking about.  I don't post on speculation.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:15:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@EzGoingKev

CHPWS did mine
View Quote

I stand corrected. Thanks for link. All the milled slides I had seen have the rear sight in front of the RMRcc. That said, I would not send anything to CHPWS. They have more horror stories than Stephen King.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mines at Jagerwerks.. should hopefully have it back in a few weeks.
View Quote

Got mine back from Jagerwerks

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I had my slide done by MAC defense. Irons forward. Actually for sale right now because although the RMRcc is a pretty bulletproof sight, I’m sick of having to take the sight off to change batteries even if it’s only once a year.

Check out the 10-8 sights, they give a nice low co-witness too.

If I wanted a slide milled right now I’d sent it to nameless arms, quick turnaround and nice work.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm thinking about going with ATEI and using their shimsight which can be swapped between being in front of the optic or behind it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There is not enough room for an rmrcc with the sight behind it in the non mos versions.  In the mos version, you can have the sight behind it and have the optic space milled out larger for the rmrcc.  This is because, like other mos models, the rear dovetail is closer to the back on the mos then the non mos.

I went with Parker mountain machine, which places a backup iron on top of the rmr.  More robust then the atei.

https://i.imgur.com/2SXI22D_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand
View Quote
How is the ATEI sight less robust?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#28]
what kind of sights are those? i had it milled to be front of optic also
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
what kind of sights are those? i had it milled to be front of optic also
View Quote
They look like Dawsons.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It uses set screws through the RMRcc drain holes.  I am using different screws to attach the optic then PMM supplied as well as a different front sight.

https://i.imgur.com/NQM70gO_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandhttps://i.imgur.com/R3FQ4h0_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand
https://i.imgur.com/CwZP1x8_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

View Quote

Man I like that setup. Makes me double-think getting my optic cut in front of the rear sight
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How is the ATEI sight less robust?
View Quote
I freely admit, that I haven't handles the atei, but it is just a thin bent piece of sheet metal.  I don't think there is anyway it could be as robust.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Man I like that setup. Makes me double-think getting my optic cut in front of the rear sight
View Quote
I am usually an irons forward kind of guy buy these are low and out of the way.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I freely admit, that I haven't handles the atei, but it is just a thin bent piece of sheet metal.  I don't think there is anyway it could be as robust.
View Quote
Whether it's in the front or rear it's up against the optic. I don't see how anything could hit it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Whether it's in the front or rear it's up against the optic. I don't see how anything could hit it.
View Quote
I wouldn't say they are faulty or a liability, but they certainly can't be as robust.  I can imagine a snag could bend them in the opposite direction as the optic.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wouldn't say they are faulty or a liability, but they certainly can't be as robust.  I can imagine a snag could bend them in the opposite direction as the optic.
View Quote
You did say you haven't handled one so speculation is all we have to go on. I'm confident ATEI has tested it thoroughly, though.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You did say you haven't handled one so speculation is all we have to go on. I'm confident ATEI has tested it thoroughly, though.
View Quote
You take making it sound like I am implying they aren't suitable.  And as I said, I don't know. But I don't have to handle one to know they can't be as robust at 1/4 or less of the thickness.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You take making it sound like I am implying they aren't suitable.  And as I said, I don't know. But I don't have to handle one to know they can't be as robust at 1/4 or less of the thickness.
View Quote
I think it'll be harder to bend than you think if you are even able to snag it with anything. It's more accurate to say that you think it's less robust.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top