Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2023 9:03:22 AM EDT
Just picked up mine the other day, really wasn’t a fan of the color but in person it’s pretty cool. Seems like a good pistol for the money with the rebate going. Here it is all dressed up, can’t wait to give it a try it’s my first M&P.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it. Cool name for a color too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one last week, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet though. Too good a deal to pass up with the rebate.

Threaded barrel, optics ready and 3 mags, 2 of which are extended. And I like the color too, I get tired of just black.

Came with a knife (it's...OK), a challenge coin (I really don't understand the fascination with these) and a HUGE plastic case. Would have preferred no knife, no coin, a simple cardboard box and a corresponding lower price.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Your gonna love the trigger on that thing. By far the best they have done.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your gonna love the trigger on that thing. By far the best they have done.
View Quote

It does feel good dry firing it. Better than any of the other striker fired guns I have.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it!   Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine is to arrive tomorrow. What optic plate are you using? Aftermarket?
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 12:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine is to arrive tomorrow. What optic plate are you using? Aftermarket?
View Quote

Using one of the plates that came with it and a sealing plate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I got one at a good price from KYGUNCO. Shoots great. Love the color.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got one at a good price from KYGUNCO. Shoots great. Love the color.
View Quote

That’s where I got mine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I do like me some greys
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve been sitting on the fence on this one for weeks. I was considering getting rid of a gray frame vp9 I never use. Am I crazy to sell an HK for a Smith? I’ve never owned an m&p and the only one I have shot was years ago. But $450 after the rebate is a steal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’ve been sitting on the fence on this one for weeks. I was considering getting rid of a gray frame vp9 I never use. Am I crazy to sell an HK for a Smith? I’ve never owned an m&p and the only one I have shot was years ago. But $450 after the rebate is a steal.
View Quote

VP9 is a great gun, but if you never use it I say sell it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree. I was a P320 guy but KYGUNCO had a Smith rep that allowed us to shoot several guns for free. I shot the M&P much better. I went to the counter and bought the Bull Shark.

Any one know which Safariland ALS/RDS holster fits the threaded 4.6 barrel with a TLR?
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been sitting on the fence on this one for weeks. I was considering getting rid of a gray frame vp9 I never use. Am I crazy to sell an HK for a Smith? I've never owned an m&p and the only one I have shot was years ago. But $450 after the rebate is a steal.
View Quote
Do you need to sell it? Unless it's a junk gun (the VP9 is not) I wouldn't sell, especially if it's at a loss. Get the M&P too though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I say sell the VP9 unless it’s optics ready.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats on a great gun. By far my favorite pistol and this is an attractive package.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Congrats on a great gun. By far my favorite pistol and this is an attractive package.
View Quote

Thanks shot it today along side a Beretta Apx a1. I like this pistol much better than the APX.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks shot it today along side a Beretta Apx a1. I like this pistol much better than the APX.
View Quote

I agree, I personally like my M&Ps better than  any of the other offerings out for performance, ergos and price. Just can't go wrong. I own 2x 2.0c but need this model. Unfortunately I need to move to buy it now which I am working on because WA is completely lost and trying to be the most leftard state in the union.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Do you need to sell it? Unless it's a junk gun (the VP9 is not) I wouldn't sell, especially if it's at a loss. Get the M&P too though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been sitting on the fence on this one for weeks. I was considering getting rid of a gray frame vp9 I never use. Am I crazy to sell an HK for a Smith? I've never owned an m&p and the only one I have shot was years ago. But $450 after the rebate is a steal.

No, I don’t need to sell it, but I am at a point where I simply can’t justify adding another. Also, as someone else mentioned, it’s not optics ready. Would love to see more pics from those that have one!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, I don’t need to sell it, but I am at a point where I simply can’t justify adding another. Also, as someone else mentioned, it’s not optics ready. Would love to see more pics from those that have one!
View Quote

To me, if I don't shoot/enjoy something, I will find something that will. The M&P 2.0 with flat/new trigger is quite nice to shoot and very accurate. S&W nailed the 2.0 guns. I have a few 2.0 guns but only one with the flat trigger and really wish S&W would sell them as an option.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I picked up 3 of the new 2.0s (full size 9mm, 10mm, and .45) and a shield plus during this latest rebate promotion. They're definitely nice for sure.

I also have a non optics ready VP9 that doesn't get shot much. Still not selling it
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Got my rebate card today. Put a Victory 22 in layaway at my local range $289 looks like new. Gonna use my rebate money to help pay it off.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#24]
First, the real reason I bought this pistol was I couldn’t sleep one night and impulse purchased it in the middle of the night on the last day of the rebate.

Picked it up at the LGS today and overall I’m pleased with it.
Fit and finish are good and I really like the gray color.
Been a while since I handled a S&W pistol and I’m liking the aggressive feel of the grip. No chance this thing should shift while shooting but not too aggressive that it should cause discomfort. Eventually I’ll try swapping out the different grips to see which one I prefer but honestly the one that came installed on the pistol feels pretty comfortable.
Trigger feels OK, will definitely take some getting used to but who doesn’t enjoy dry fire practice.
Only real complaint is the grooves in the slide. They look cool but the gray coating (cerakote???) on the slide is a little thick and the grooves lose some of their sharpness which makes manipulating the slide not so easy. Wish the grooves in the slide were as aggressive as the grip.
Also, I’m probably the only one going to complain about this but I’d prefer if the gun came with 2 15-round magazines and 1
23-rounder. I’ll just buy a 15 round magazine first chance I get.

Definitely could see me carrying this pistol but probably just use it at the range, as a home defense pistol and as a suppressor host since I recently realized I have a 9mm suppressor in jail and no 9mm handguns with a threaded barrel.

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Any feedback on running these suppressed? With a can on does it feel too small?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Did anyone figure out which Safariland ALS holsters fits the bull shark?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Did you pull the safety off or are the plugs just black from factory?
4.25"?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Did you pull the safety off or are the plugs just black from factory?
4.25"?
View Quote

Plugs are just black. This one came with no safety.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I bought one yesterday off the ee. I needed something to mount an rmr on .
I already have 4 m&p's 2- 2.0, an og shield and a shield plus, so I'm pretty sure I'll like it.
I've been contemplating getting a suppressor and this might just push me over the edge.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bought one yesterday off the ee. I needed something to mount an rmr on .
I already have 4 m&p's 2- 2.0, an og shield and a shield plus, so I'm pretty sure I'll like it.
I've been contemplating getting a suppressor and this might just push me over the edge.
View Quote

$450 right? Great deal!
I saw that and was very tempted to buy it since I like mine so much but I’m currently saving for a metal framed version of the M&P 2.0 instead.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/m-p-9-m2.0-metal
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Yup, that's the one!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did anyone figure out which Safariland ALS holsters fits the bull shark?
View Quote

I also would like to know this...
Mine is set up very similar to OP'S,  with the exception of a forward controls design rmr plate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top