Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2021 9:30:18 PM EDT
My understanding was despite all the promotion from Remington, it was never actually put into production?   But someone on Reddit just posted a picture of one in 45 ACP.

My buddy and I were keeping an eye on them at the time, circa 2017-2018 but never saw one actually for sale in stock.  Seemed like vendors had gotten the SKUs listed but never had one, you can still find the listings if you google Remington 96488.  

Of course then Remington skidded towards bankruptcy and the pistols seemed to be the first thing that got the axe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They did make some magazines
I have an 18 round Remington mag
in my Canadian Para Ord P16.40
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I own three of them personally.

One of the Tactical 45ACP versions with the factory threaded barrel, a 9mm Recon that I fitted a fusion threaded barrel to, and a second 9mm Recon that is stock other than going to the Remington pro shop for a trigger upgrade.

I had a recurring search on GB for probably two+ years and there was a period of time maybe 18 months ago where the 45ACP Tacticals were really common and there were multiple postings at one time where you had a pick of multiple NIB guns.   The 9MMs have always been pretty rare and it took me 6+ months to find my first one.  I have never seen a "Tomasie" 40S&W for sale in over two years of getting GB to email me whenever one went up for sale.

There are not a whole lot of them out there compared to say what Glock or Smith produces annually but they are not exactly "rare" either as the serial number I have are in the 8000 to 10000 range.

However, over the past year or so they are pretty much unobtanium and the last 9mm I saw went for like $2500 a couple months back.   I lucked into my second 9mm Recon on a local ad board where a neighbor posted it for sale with a huge pile of brand new mags for a price I couldn't pass up.

Pic of the two threaded barrel units.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:51:15 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a 9 mm version for sale on GunBroker today
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
My LGS had one right around the time they were starting to implode and QC issues were glaring...I looked at it and shied away. Now I'm slightly regretting it...not so much because it might be "collectable", but because I'm getting to the point where I kind of want a double stack 1911, and that was an inexpensive way to get into that door..
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one,  Really wanted it to be better than it was.  Sent it back for warranty work 2 times.  First time for failing to go into battery, they replaced the magazines. 2nd time for multiple light strikes,  They said they changed the firing pin spring.  Sold it after light strikes and failing to go into battery continued and bought a Guncrafter Industries Model 2.

My dad had light strike issues. He sent his in and they replaced almost everything,  His runs good now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top