Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2021 9:01:54 PM EDT
I can't get the FCG into the Wilson frame. Slips in and out of the factory frame with ease. It turns out that the two rearward metal projections as the back of the FCG are farther apart than the corresponding slots in the Wilson frame. The projections are not wider than each individual slot, but each projection sits on the outside of each slot on both sides of the frame.

Basically the width between the two FCG rear projections is bigger than the width between the slots on the frame.

Anyone else have this problem? I guess I can take a file to it, but I want to make sure the fix doesn't cause any other problems.

I e-mailed Wilson, but I thought I'd check here while waiting for a response.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine line up, but when it was new I had to force the FCU rearward into the module.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
My 2 work fine.  It was bit tougher to get them into the WC module than the factory one.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Perfectly normal. I have 2 of the WC frames and yes, the FCU will fit very tightly, especially the first time but they do fit and functioned just fine.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Pic added. I don't think forcing is an option.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks like your frame is jacked up.

Mine.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like your frame is jacked up.

Mine.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72476/20210331_082341_jpg-1887112.JPG

View Quote

Thanks for the pic. Yeah, my frame doesn't look right.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you contact Wilson?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Im sure it will 'wear in' after time/numerous FCU swaps, mine usually do.

From my perspective of your pic, it seems to me your not getting the FCU tab 'down' enough into the grip.

For sometimes stiff grips, in order to fully seat the FCU, I'll push the FCU into place using the edge of a table/bench.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you contact Wilson?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you contact Wilson?

As I said in the OP, yes. Since I've posted this thread Wilson has seen the pic and said to send back the frame.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As I said in the OP, yes. Since I've posted this thread Wilson has seen the pic and said to send back the frame.
View Quote

My experience was exactly like 11b4v's except I just used a soft face hammer but either way, hopefully you get it resolved quickly as these are great grip mods
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My experience was exactly like 11b4v's except I just used a soft face hammer but either way, hopefully you get it resolved quickly as these are great grip mods
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Wilson Combat grip modules suck with real shooting, they might even fall apart and be dangerous.  People should get rid of them in the EE.

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#12]
The Wilson grips are tight. I put two or three together a week for customers. Get the trigger started, shove the ass end down, grab it like you're getting ready to shoot and pull the trigger and FCU into position with your trigger finger.  Shouldn't need a mallet - unless you do  
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

From my perspective of your pic, it seems to me your not getting the FCU tab 'down' enough into the grip.

For sometimes stiff grips, in order to fully seat the FCU, I'll push the FCU into place using the edge of a table/bench.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/778/F2ED21F6-0C11-481C-AB89-FA28D76F434D_jpe-1889812.JPG

View Quote

This. OPs frame is fine. OP you don’t have it seated down and back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/778/F2ED21F6-0C11-481C-AB89-FA28D76F434D_jpe-1889812.JPG

Wilson doesn't agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 12:49:56 AM EDT
[#15]
We can all see from your pics you don’t have it seated properly. The WC module is significantly tighter than the oem frame. You don’t want to listen to the advice here and waste your time with the mail then okay. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Easier for them to just swap it out regardless.  

The grip does appear to look “squished” at the top rear.  You could be right/frame bad or vice versa, but that pic leaves a lot to question, it’s too close up for one thing and a pic without the FCU would help.

Hope that new frame works out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We can all see from your pics you don’t have it seated properly. The WC module is significantly tighter than the oem frame. You don’t want to listen to the advice here and waste your time with the mail then okay. Good luck.
View Quote

And you don't seem to want to understand that it wouldn't "seat properly." That was the problem and that was what the pics showed. It couldn't be forced any more and Wilson agreed when they got the frame back. The frame was jacked.

I got the new frame yesterday and the FCG went in with no problem.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine was a bitch.  Now that it’s been in there for awhile it’s in and out just fine.  I did literally tap it in with a hammer the first time though....
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mine was a bitch.  Now that it’s been in there for awhile it’s in and out just fine.  I did literally tap it in with a hammer the first time though....
View Quote

Mine were definitely snug. Getting in was a challange... but pulling out was very hard. Id rather have it nice and tight versus loose like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#20]
You weren't trying to put a .45 FCU in the Wilson P-320 frame were you????
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a p320 module that was similar to yours I used a table and yes the plastic got deformed a bit but it works fine now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top