Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2019 10:57:38 AM EDT
I've never been able to carry my primary pistol AIWB. I typically carry a Glock 19 or a 48 if I need something a little slimmer for office carry. In the standard 12-1 o'clock AIWB position, it's just not comfortable and prints too bad. It's also a slower draw for me but that could just be because I've got nearly 20 years and countless draws from strong side IWB.

This summer I have started carrying my BUG Glock 43 AIWB but in the 11-12 o'clock position. Previously in shorts and tee shirt weather I was pretty much limited to a KelTec P32 in a pocket holster as my BUG. The 43 is small enough with the flush 6 round mag that's it's reasonably comfortable. Carrying it to the left of my belt buckle really seems to help with printing as well. I think the key is the Raven Vanguard II holster that ads almost no bulk to the gun at all.

Anyone else experiment with carrying a BUG AIWB?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry my Kahr P9 daily AIWB and couldn’t be happier.
I use a Keepers Errand holster that just slides into place and I forget about it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
P365 in a JMCK 2.0 wing claw with a foam pad @ about 1:00.
I've carried at 3:30-4:00 for close to 30yrs and never thought
I'd carry appendix, this is the most comfortable, concealable
set up I've ever tried.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
No, that's where my primary goes
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Having tried multiple guns and holsters AIWB, I honestly don't know how you can stand that all day. I know people do it, I just don't know how. I've seen people carrying a Glock 34 with X300U, RMR and spare mag. All crammed down the front of their pants. Baffles me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Having tried multiple guns and holsters AIWB, I honestly don't know how you can stand that all day. I know people do it, I just don't know how. I've seen people carrying a Glock 34 with X300U, RMR and spare mag. All crammed down the front of their pants. Baffles me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Belt, holster, tolerance for discomfort.

You get used to it but you need to be able to tolerate it for a while first. I find single stack guns more comfortable than double stacks, even after carrying double stacks for 10 years. K frames even more so and when I cut an inch of my 4" k frame holster I found it's very comfy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Belt, holster, tolerance for discomfort.

You get used to it but you need to be able to tolerate it for a while first. I find single stack guns more comfortable than double stacks, even after carrying double stacks for 10 years. K frames even more so and when I cut an inch of my 4" k frame holster I found it's very comfy.
View Quote
When I first started carrying a 19 appendix, it sucked pretty bad.  The muzzle end of the holster dug into my pubic bone and it hurt for 2 weeks solid.  Then all of a sudden here was no pain or discomfort.  It's like carrying your wallet in the wrong back pocket. Your butt cheek develops a divot and the wallet fits, but stick it on the wrong side, and you might as well have a baseball in your pocket that your trying to sit on.

Since that day, it's been perfect.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a sidecar style holster for a M&P9 2.0 to try out, and it is semi comfortable. It will definitely take some getting used to, and some add on stuffs like gel pad or foam wedge.

It conceals very well, but me being fat makes it look weird, but losing some weight is planned after this gym cycle (End October/Beginning November). There are lumps that look out of place where fat is pushed around the gun and mag. I need a new belt anyway, but its tight because it has to go around the belly as well when sitting (because the gun is pushed out, even when adjusting pants.

With that said, especially after cutting weight, this is a very viable carry option.

As far as a bug, I am looking at a small carry option in the front (sheild, G43, etc) that can be a BUG as needed, but do not typically carry a BUG. Even entertained the thought of a P3AT/LCP for true discreet stuff, but havent pursued that thought very far.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m not fat at all (11% bf and visible abs) but I can’t carry anything larger than the 43 AIWB with any comfort or reasonable concealment with a normal fitting shirt.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#9]
For a second there I thought you were asking if anyone carries a secondary pistol AIWB with a 'primary' pistol IWB strongside
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For a second there I thought you were asking if anyone carries a secondary pistol AIWB with a 'primary' pistol IWB strongside
View Quote
I was and I do.

Glock 19 strong side IWB between 3 and 4 o’clock and a 43 AIWB at 11 o’clock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was and I do.

Glock 19 strong side IWB between 3 and 4 o'clock and a 43 AIWB at 11 o'clock.
View Quote
Ah, gotcha. Why not just carry addtl magazines for the 19? Seems like an unnecessary redundancy, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m not fat at all (11% bf and visible abs) but I can’t carry anything larger than the 43 AIWB with any comfort or reasonable concealment with a normal fitting shirt.
View Quote
Which holsters/belts have you tried?

If your lean and athletic aiwb should work unless you have a very short torso.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have, Glock 19 IWB on my right hip, sometimes OWB but concealed. Glock 26 AIWB which was set up in a PHLster skeleton in a lefty draw. Wasn't a problem to get it out with either hand.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I carry a g19 AIWB only.  Way better for me.

you might just need to embark on a quest for the right holster to do it.  I went through probably 8-10 before I found what I wanted (Tenicor Velo with DCC clips).
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wish my G19 sat that flush.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I like glocks. I shoot them pretty well too. But man I'd rather deal with the weight than the width of a g19 and spare mag. A 1911 carries soo much better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#17]
That's actually how I transitioned to aiwb.  A G43 bug left hand draw aiwb at 11:00 with strong side 4:00 owb still as primary.   Wasn't long though before I saw the good benefits of appendix carry that I switched my primary to right hand aiwb, dropped the bug and replaced it with a JPX OC less lethal in the left hand spot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I carry my jframe AIWB and a fn 509 midsize or 1911 as a primary at 5 o'clock owb.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just keep looking for the right holster.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ah, gotcha. Why not just carry addtl magazines for the 19? Seems like an unnecessary redundancy, but to each their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was and I do.

Glock 19 strong side IWB between 3 and 4 o'clock and a 43 AIWB at 11 o'clock.
I have to go with this.  Some considerations:

a) When is the last time your G19 failed?  Chances are thousands of rounds ago with crappy ammo if ever.  If that is true, then why a BUG at all?
b) Unless you're working under cover where concealability is crucial, I suspect you want the G43 as a quicker option than a magazine change.  If you get into a situation where you need a BUG, would you be willing to trade one second in speed over double the magazine capacity?
c) If the answer to the above is yes, then why not carry two 19s (3-4 and 7-8)?  Still gives you a BUG without a reduction in capacity.  I suspect if you ever need a BUG, you'll be glad to have all the capacity you can have.

I know people who carry two identical pistols, and have even tried it myself.  It's not uncomfortable, I just thought it was overkill.

To be clear, I'm not arguing against the concept of a BUG as I think it has its place.

ETA: I also tried a similar concept to what you're considering, but with two 19s.  It was a lot more comfortable carrying them in 4 and 8 then one in 4 and one AIWB.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I usually carry my 32/tlr-7 or Stacatto P/tlr-7 strong side iwb or owb. I have my 43x aiwb. If I sit in the car and buckle up, I can’t access the 32/Stacatto so the 43X is basically my in-car gun.
And yes, I make sure the seat belt goes against my body and not over the gun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just keep looking for the right holster.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121283/7B5C0F91-B94A-4509-99B4-B865EC3D6EDD_jpeg-1133139.JPG
Im sure putting the clip over the thickest part of the gun isnt what he's looking for.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#23]
When I CCW one of my "primary" guns, that goes AIWB; presently a Px4 fullsize w/RMR on it.

My BUG is a P32 and, like you OP, I stuff it in a pocket. That gun is always on me anytime I'm clothed, no exceptions.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Primary is at 3:30 and IF I carry a BUG it’s in the left front pocket.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:01:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I really don't have a BUG, but I do have situational calibers. On my bicycle I carry a SIG .380 in a weirdly modded IWB holster tucked into a second tight T-shirt under my over shirt T-shirt in front of me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe small junk? :-) :-)

I can / will carry only with mid sized single stack (3913) or slimmer hi cap (Hi Power) no extra mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top