Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2018 6:57:43 AM EDT
Found one for sale locally. How do the compare to a G26 or G43? Reliability issues ? Thanks for any insight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Picked up one used.

It's double stack, you know that right? It's more of a G26.

Shoots just as smooth as the rest of them. Not sure how reliable it is yet too few rounds through it. But, the full size I have has eaten any cartridge I have tried with no problems. Magazines are compatible with larger models.

The only thing that seems like it might not be reliable is the little pop out finger flair at the bottom of the mags. It seems like it would break / catch on clothing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend has one, he loves it.  I shot it A few times,  no hiccups that I remember.   I thought it was ok, nice shooter and all but just not for me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It has been my wife's carry gun for the last several years.  She had been leaving it at home or in the car a lot over the last year or two because it was pretty heavy/clunky for her purse, so I bought her an LCP II and now I've started IWB carrying gun.

I really like it!  It's a great little shooter, too.  The only thing I don't like about it are the sharper, pointed edges of the safety.  I just need to get off my butt and change them out...I think there's a low-profile piece out there somewhere, IIRC.  I've been wanting a G26-sized gun for a while, so I'm kinda glad this thing is now mine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
@RobertM

Forgot to answer another part of your question:  our PX4sc 9mm has eaten everything we've thrown at it without any malfunctions.  Can't tell you the round count, but it's probably under 1000 for sure.  Doesn't get shot a lot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have all 3 sizes in 9mm.

The SC does NOT employ the rotating barrel that the 2 larger pistols do.
It uses the tipped barrel action.

You can buy mag sleeves that will allow you to use longer mags (more capacity)and still keep your finger on something comfortable.

That said, I like it and is has not given me any trouble other than the finish flaking off in a couple of spots. A common issue with PX4's of a certain vintage.
Easily fix with DYI or send the slide out to get recoated.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I think a may hold off and get a compact not the sub.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I rented one a few years ago. I was all set to buy one right after the range trip.

I have owned 4 PX4s over the years, and 28 Beretta 92 variants. So, I am well versed in shooting DA/SA guns.

I was disappointed with the subcompact. It just would nots hoot where I aimed it. I ended up not buying it.

I do have a PX4 compact, though. I like it much better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top