Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 7:47:30 PM EDT
I want to try carrying a Sig 365 with dot in a shoulder holster. I know it’s not ideal but I fucked up my back/strong side hip so it seems worth trying.

I understand that a good shoulder rig is $200+ And I’m ok with that. Was hoping to try something cheap/easy before I go whole hog
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered appendix?

Plenty of inexpensive AIWB Rigs and even in a cross draw appendix configuration this would be faster, easier to conceal, and to  protect than a shoulder rig.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you considered appendix?

Plenty of inexpensive AIWB Rigs and even in a cross draw appendix configuration this would be faster, easier to conceal, and to  protect than a shoulder rig.
View Quote

Yeah I’ve tried it. I hate it. Hurts to sit, points a loaded gun at my dick, not a fan
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven’t looked recently but Uncle Mike’s makes some inexpensive rigs.
Local gun shops usually have a box or table loaded with used holsters for cheap.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Back and shoulder pain is a real side effect of shitty shoulder rigs...don't go cheap, buy Galco rigs and only cry once.

18Z50...I wear a shoulder rig every day, believe me when I say this!
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been toying with the idea of getting a shoulder holster for my G34 w/RMR. Some of the pics of the Galco holsters make me think some models/guns might work unaltered. Maybe try to test fit a few if you can find someone with one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Galco makes a good cheaper shoulder holster that I fell in love with over the last winter. They make one for the P365, "Classic Lite" shoulder holster usually go for around $100ish.

The only thing I don't like is the single mag pouch on the off-side, I bought a replacement pouch from Falco Holsters. They had a double-mag pouch designed for shoulder holsters that carries the mags horizontal, fits perfect and works a lot better.

----- Also:
I should add the only guns I carry and have shoulder holster for. Are hammer-fired DA/SA types with manual safeties (Tanfoglio Witness Compact and Full size). Not gonna knock on ya for carrying a striker fired gun in one, I just prefer hard kydex for my Glocks/etc.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]
The Galco cl isn’t formed to the gun, kind of a flimsy leather. Not sure if that matters. I would look at Desantis, or Uncle Mikes for a cheap option.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a couple Uncle Mike's.  Not impressed.  They're sitting in the holster bin and probably will be forever.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#9]
The galco shoulder holsters are cheap leather. Its really the only instock option.

Ive heard decent reviews of falco.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]
When my 365 shows up I’ll see if it fits in an old horizontal uncle mikes I’m not using .  If it does, I’ll ship it to you.  It’s pretty decent for a nylon rig, just not for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top