Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2020 2:49:05 PM EDT
Picked one up this weekend kind of on a whim.  Not one of the police trade ins Interarms brought.  No import marks, brown not black grips, 1976 proof mark and what appears to be the original German instruction sheet.  Appears to be a gun that went into the civilian market but how it got over here is a bit of a mystery.  I can’t imagine Walther imported many of these.  

From what research I’ve been able to do production ran from 72 to 79.  2000, 4000 or 11,000 produced depending on source.

I snagged the pistol with a spare mag and papers (no box) for 450 which I know is way under market and why I bought it.  

Curious if anyone else has one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures would help, but do remember that GI's stationed in Germany bought guns and could bring them back without import marking them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pictures would help, but do remember that GI's stationed in Germany bought guns and could bring them back without import marking them.
View Quote

I had considered that.   Probably the most logical explanation.   Though an odd choice for a GI I would think
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had considered that.   Probably the most logical explanation.   Though an odd choice for a GI I would think
View Quote

Not really why would a GI buy say a S&W when in Germany? You would want something made in that country.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a used one at a shop last year. Came in the black plastic Walther box. Is a police surplus with the Bavarian issue markings. I sourced a few boxes of Fiocchi brand ammo. Only have shot it a couple of times, but like it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Shot mine the other day.  Surprisingly accurate, pleasant to shoot.  Very pleased.  I may try to find some hollow points for it and carry it a time or two.  Points well and the sights are quite usable, better than the PPK.  

Picked up Dieter Marschall's book on Walther pistol.  That is a treasure trove of information.

PP Super was built from 72 to 79, but remained in the catalog until 83.  Five German PDs used it, apparently none of them particularly liked it.  Production of the 9 Ultra was 11,000 with another 1,000 in 380.  One of the rarer postwar Walthers, only the P4 was built in smaller numbers.  Not one of Walther's success stories.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top