Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2021 9:27:51 PM EDT
So the optic cutout on P320s is completely flat.  The bottom of the Deltapoint Pro is completely flat.  No recoil lugs.  Have any concerns been raised with all the recoil forces being applied directly to the screws?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The bottom of the DPP should have recoil lug recesses.  The lugs belong on the mount. sure you're not missing a mounting plate or adapter plate or something? I'm not familiar with the 320s, but I do have a DPP.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The cut out in the slide is machined to the dimensions of the DPP. No recoil lugs are needed since the body of the DPP fits snugly into the machined out portion.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cut out in the slide is machined to the dimensions of the DPP. No recoil lugs are needed since the body of the DPP fits snugly into the machined out portion.
View Quote

Unless you have an M18 or M17 with only the flat surface of the slide and no secure cutout.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unless you have an M18 or M17 with only the flat surface of the slide and no secure cutout.
View Quote

I had to Google that. That's really stupid that the M17 M18 is cut that way. I assumed they were the same as the X series P320s.

I would have thought the military guns would have more than just the screws holding the optic in place. I was considering going with an RMR vs the Delta point but didn't want to have to use an adapter plate and didn't trust just the screws...
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had to Google that. That's really stupid that the M17 M18 is cut that way. I assumed they were the same as the X series P320s.

I would have thought the military guns would have more than just the screws holding the optic in place. I was considering going with an RMR vs the Delta point but didn't want to have to use an adapter plate and didn't trust just the screws...
View Quote

The X-series is definitely a better mounting system, but it's difficult and time consuming to make changes on approved military equipment.

I took a closer look and there's an ever so slight recess in the slide on my M18.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ummm No.

M17/18 are recessed to accept the DPP and Romeo1Pro. It is recessed enough that lugs are not needed. The tolerance is very exact to both sights as well.

It is easier to see the depth front and rear with the iron sight plate installed. See below.

Cp
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ummm No.

M17/18 are recessed to accept the DPP and Romeo1Pro. It is recessed enough that lugs are not needed. The tolerance is very exact to both sights as well.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/922/cIgw1C.jpg

It is easier to see the depth front and rear with the iron sight plate installed. See below.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/922/mBn5zI.jpg

Cp
View Quote

See above.

It's slight, but there are no recoil lugs. There is enough play to put a majority of the stress on the optic screws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top