Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Now y'all got me looking into G44s. Damn this place sometimes!

But seriously thanks for sharing the insight on these. Looks like a cool project.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it's important to note (if it's not obvious) ... the Nelson Precision 44X slides were designed to be used with a G44 frame.  Nelson Precision didn't even know the 44X slide worked with a (modified) G19.5 frame until @chumpmiester did the research and another GlockTalk community member verified it.

Given the time and effort involved in swapping out the locking block and trigger mechanism housing / ejector, I think the 44X slide + G19.5 frame is less of a .22 LR conversion and more a way of dedicating a frame to a 44X slide (while preserving your complete OEM G44).  I know a lot of guys dedicate a frame to their Advantage Arms upper assembly.

The problem is the high cost and lack of availability of G19.5 frames.  As @chumpmiester pointed out, hopefully we'll see 80% gen 5 compact frames soon.  There's a possibility an 80% gen 5 compact frame will work with the 44X slide, but more importantly ... an 80% gen 5 compact frame should drive sales of G19.5 slides.  This is what will ultimately free up G19.5 frames.  As it currently stands, by the time you buy the upper parts, G19.5 frame, locking block and trigger mechanism housing / ejector, you're probably better off buying another $350 G44.  And this assumes you're willing to share the barrel and recoil spring assembly between the slides.  If you really want to dedicate a frame to a complete 44X upper assembly, with the added cost of a barrel and recoil spring assembly, you'll definitely exceed the cost of another G44.

Having said all that, there's something cool about the idea of running a G44 slide or a Nelson Precision 44X slide on a G19.5 frame.  I've ordered a couple G44 locking blocks, trigger mechanism housings / ejectors, upper part kits and a spare G44 (non-threaded) barrel.  For whatever reason, G44 recoil spring assemblies are a bitch to find, but I'm looking.  I'll keep my eye out for a cheap G19.5 frame (or two).  If I stumble up one, I'll have all the other parts I need.
View Quote

Yeah that's what i figured about the gen 3/4. I do have a gen 5 but that's what i carry so i wouldn't want to dedicate the frame to the 44X. I do have gen 3 and 4 frames i wouldn't mind dedicating to the project however, that's why i was curious. Since the 19 generations can all share the same barrel and locking block i thought maybe it would be possible to adapt the design to the gen 3-4. Although I'm thinking the slide may work on a Gen 4 anyway. I'll have to wait until they're available to order again.

I get that the 44X is really just intended for the 44 frame, but they gotta see the potential for them (seemingly unintentionally) working on the standard 19.5 frames like we do, and by extension the Gen 3-4 frames. The red dot movement is something Advantage Arms and Glock themselves have failed to capitalize on in the 22LR space imo. Here's hoping the 44x is successful so they can consider working on versions that will work on a gen 3-4 frame with their locking block

Knowing Glock they'll probably release the MOS version of the G44 next year after sales of the G44 have slowed down lol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah that's what i figured about the gen 3/4. I do have a gen 5 but that's what i carry so i wouldn't want to dedicate the frame to the 44X. I do have gen 3 and 4 frames i wouldn't mind dedicating to the project however, that's why i was curious. Since the 19 generations can all share the same barrel and locking block i thought maybe it would be possible to adapt the design to the gen 3-4. Although I'm thinking the slide may work on a Gen 4 anyway. I'll have to wait until they're available to order again.

I get that the 44X is really just intended for the 44 frame, but they gotta see the potential for them (seemingly unintentionally) working on the standard 19.5 frames like we do, and by extension the Gen 3-4 frames. The red dot movement is something Advantage Arms and Glock themselves have failed to capitalize on in the 22LR space imo. Here's hoping the 44x is successful so they can consider working on versions that will work on a gen 3-4 frame with their locking block

Knowing Glock they'll probably release the MOS version of the G44 next year after sales of the G44 have slowed down lol.
View Quote
I don't have a OEM Gen 3 or 4 frame to test if the G44 locking block will fit or not. I do know that the G44 locking block will NOT work with a Polymer80 frame due to how Polymer 80 does their locking block/rails. Yes I could make it work if I want to machine a new locking block/rail but it is way easier to just find a stripped Gen 5 G19 frame to use or wait for the Vuurwapen Gen X frame.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: Yeah that's what i figured about the gen 3/4. I do have a gen 5 but that's what i carry so i wouldn't want to dedicate the frame to the 44X.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted: Yeah that's what i figured about the gen 3/4. I do have a gen 5 but that's what i carry so i wouldn't want to dedicate the frame to the 44X.
Yeah, I have a G19.3 and G19.5.  I'd prefer to leave them alone.

I'll have to wait until they're available to order again.
You must know someone (e.g., local gun shop, range, ...) with a G44 slide.  If the G44 slide works, the 44X slide will work.

I get that the 44X is really just intended for the 44 frame, but they gotta see the potential for them (seemingly unintentionally) working on the standard 19.5 frames like we do, and by extension the Gen 3-4 frames.
Jeremy Nelson at Nelson Precision was certainly surprised to find out.  However, it's unclear how the revelation will impact his plans (including his marketing strategy) going forward.

Jeremy is very responsive via Facebook messenger.  I'd message him saying you heard his 44X slides will work on a G19.5 frame (he's verified it himself).  Express your interest in a 44X slide compatible with a gen 3 and gen 4 frame.  It can't hurt.

The red dot movement is something Advantage Arms and Glock themselves have failed to capitalize on in the 22LR space imo. Here's hoping the 44x is successful so they can consider working on versions that will work on a gen 3-4 frame with their locking block
I think there's a good reason why Advantage Arms and Glock haven't tackled the .22 LR MRDS space.  I think it's fair to say the reliability of any .22 LR conversion (including Advantage Arms and the G44) is "marginal".  Adding an MRDS (possibly with an adapter plate), suppressor-height sights, ... will only make that margin more narrow.

Keep in mind ... as far as I'm concerned, the 44X slide hasn't proven itself, yet.  I was originally told the BoogeyMan Customs 44X Voodoo slide with a 1.2 oz Trijicon RMR would weigh one ounce less than the OEM G44 slide (without an RMR).  Now, I'm being told the 44X Voodoo slide with an RMR will weigh 9.9 ounces.  That's almost two ounces more than a G44 slide.  There's no way reliability won't be impacted.

I don't know.  I think there would need to be some design changes to the slide in order to make that happen.  You've probably seen at least one failed attempt to mill a G44 slide.

Personally, I have absolutely no interest in MOS.  I'm a rear iron sight forward kind of guy.  Back in June, I asked Jeremy if the 44X slides would be offered rear iron sight forward.  Unfortunately, given the proprietary (patent-pending) nature with which an MRDS (having the Trijicon RMR footprint) attaches to the 44X slide, this involves more than simply milling the slide differently. The 44X slides must be redesigned.  Jeremy assured me he was in the process of redesigning the 44X slide.  Once the 44X Voodoo slide is redesigned to accept rear iron sight forward, I'll replace the 44X Voodoo slide I pre-ordered.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lakeline plate with a Romeo Zero.  Only adds 0.5 ounces to the slide weight.  

https://i.imgur.com/oDKPfeq.jpg
View Quote

After seeing this set up I went the same route, the combo just fits perfectly.  Figured I would share my experience with Lakeline here.

First plate I received easily slide into the rear sight channel.  After a couple rounds trying to zero, the uh, zero...it was clear the plate was never going to hold.  Took it off, mic'd it, and sent an email asking if it was within spec.

They (Al) responded right away, told me it did not look correct, and immediately sent me a return label.  

The same day they received the plate, they told me it was out of spec and a replacement was on the way.  New one required filing, which I probably should have done with less whiskey in the veins but it's in their snug, just not "pretty."  Touch up paint will fix that, it's a plinker I intend to use not look at.

Didn't cost me a dime, company did right by there customer.  Already ordered the guide rod upgrade.  Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI ... Labor Day pre-order customers will start receiving their Nelson Precision Manufacturing / BoogeyMan Customs 44X slides starting tomorrow!  Please join us on the GlockTalk Glock 44X thread for range reports!

Here's my BoogeyMan Customs 44X Voodoo slide with all internal parts and Trijicon Bright & Tough Suppressor Sights installed (Trijicon 3.25 MOA adjustable LED type 2 RMR here in waiting) prior to being shipped from Tucson on Friday,

The GlockTalk Glock 44X thread contains a wealth of well-organized information.  Over the coming days and weeks, GlockTalk members will be sharing their experiences with the 44X slides including their experiences with different mini red dot sights (Holosun, Swampfox, Trijicon, …), ammunition (high-velocity, standard-velocity, …), magazines (both OEM and ProMag 15+round), the NPM modular reduced power recoil spring assembly, ...
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
VQ Mama X is about to be out.

Works with:

Burris Fast Fire
C-More RTS 2
C-More Slide Ride
JP Enterprises JPoint
Leupold DeltaPoint
Shield Sights Mini Sight
Sig Sauer Romeo 1 Pro
Sig Sauer Romeo 3 Max
Sig Sauer Romeo 3 XL
Trijicon RMR
Vortex Viper
Vortex Venom
Vortex Razor

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to have a Nelson Custom 22lr slide for my 1911
The top of the slide did not reciprocate but the sides did.
Why doesnt someone make a conversion like the Nelson Custom 1911 slide?
Why does the whole slide have to reciprocate?
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top