Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2023 7:12:15 AM EDT
As in my earlier post, I’ve been on a P85 thru P95 mission for the last couple of years.  Anyway, I ended up with two stainless P93 DAO pistols and I’m thinking about converting one of them to a P93 DC model. I have a complete P93 DC slide assembly and a complete P94/93 frame parts set to replace all the DAO frame parts.

Anyway, I contacted Ruger and they said that they wouldn’t do the conversion, so I’m now looking for a good Ruger gunsmith to do this. Yes, it would make sense to sell it and simply buy a P93 DC model, but it’s been years since I’ve seen a stainless P93 DC model for less than $600.  Plus, I live in Washington State and our laws are quickly changing for the worst, so working with what I have is what I’m sticking with. Yes, there is a blue P93 DC for $450 on GB, but I’m not a fan of the blue models.

Again, thanks for any tips!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I don't really know of any ruger P series gunsmiths out there.  I have seen a few good youtube videos of detail striping the frames, if you have all the req parts I'd take a stab at it yourself.  These pistols arent overly complicated.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've done that swap  myself.  Sounds like you have everything you need.  I did it myself and I'm sure you can too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top