Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2019 5:43:34 AM EDT
I am looking at a BHP with a serial number T271XXX and says Browning Arms Company Saint Louis MO on the side

The serial number is outside the range on the Browning website and when I put the number in, comes back as invalid

Any help would be appreciated.  I am a noob on High Powers.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 11/1/2019 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Does seem to be about 10,000 units beyond what browning states for a T, wouldn't surprise me if brownings listing may be in error as that could easily be the case or it's potentially in a worse case scenario a FEG counterfeit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
FN kept assembling "T series" Hi Powers after they instituted the new serial # system because they had thousands of existing frames.
They aren't rare or scarce.

Remember, Browning didn't make the Hi Power, FN (Fabrique Nationale) did. The Browning "Date your gun" is inaccurate because FN didn't give a shit about keeping accurate records.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  Does the Browning St Louis MO make sense.  I thought they were in Utah?
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does seem to be about 10,000 units beyond what browning states for a T, wouldn't surprise me if brownings listing may be in error as that could easily be the case or it's potentially in a worse case scenario a FEG counterfeit.
View Quote
That is what I thought but the picture of the pistol clearly says Browning Arms Company St Louis MO
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
We all have dogs in our avatar. Good guys replying.  My baby in the picture has been gone for 3 years.  I miss her so very much
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks.  Does the Browning St Louis MO make sense.  I thought they were in Utah?
View Quote
Browning first had corporate offices in St. Louis, then moved those to Morgan, Utah.
Browning still has a distribution center in Arnold, MO
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We all have dogs in our avatar. Good guys replying.  My baby in the picture has been gone for 3 years.  I miss her so very much
View Quote
<----The mutt licking her face has been gone four and a half, the Border Collie two and a half. Both lived to the ripe old age of fifteen.
Had to put down the B/C's nine year old pup back in July (cancer)
Current Head of Household:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies

The BHP I was looking at is getting close to $600 on GB and at this price will look for a new in box MkII or III.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies

The BHP I was looking at is getting close to $600 on GB and at this price will look for a new in box MkII or III.
View Quote
Good luck
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies

View Quote
A NIB MkII or III is going to be a LOT more than $600.

What are you buying this for?
If a collector........get a T series or earlier.
If a shooter, get a MkIII with cast frame.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I want a shooter and actually have a few leads on a NIB MKIII
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top